HL2 Mod Team: Looking for Help

P

Permafried-

Hello,

As the information below explains itself, I will post very little here in the way of introductions. The Pirates of the Empire team is currently looking for additional members to fill some roles on our team and are looking for anyone interested the following positions to contact us if interested to assist in putting this modification together.

Team name:
TigerStudios

Project name:
Pirates of the Empire

Brief description:
Pirates of the Empire is a new modification for the Source SDK based around the age of piracy. The modification is planned to be a class-based team game where players fight over land and sea for control of objectives, capture items, etc. with each class of course having unique weapon loadouts and capabilities. We also plan to use SteamWorks to allow for achievements, unlocks and more.

Development is well underway as is environmental modelling and a good amount of concept art upcoming. The team is easy-going and understand that everyone has their day-to-day tasks they must complete and so timelines are generally flexible. That said, we are all very serious about providing a finished product and progress is being made on a daily basis.

Target aim:
To be distributed via Steam/third-party sites as modification.

Compensation:
As there is no promise of revenue we are unable to promise payment.

Technology:
SourceSDK
Steamworks
C++

Talent needed:

Character Artist
As Character Artist, you would model, texture and rig (using the provided Valve rig) a number of themed characters. You will be given reference materials, and your work will be used as the official PotE characters. You should have knowledge of human anatomy, character modeling, texturing and rigging.

Weapon Artist
As a Weapon Artist, you would model, texture and animate a number of weapon's models which are shared amongst player classes. This is being posted seperate from the Character Artist position in an attempt to evenly distrubute workload amongst the team. However, if you are able to do both this is definitely a bonus.

Environment Artist
As an Environmental Artist, your job will be to model, texture and prepare key props, buildings and so forth for the PotE mod. Objects such as Ships, Island Forts, and smaller props (crates, etc.) You should have a good knowledge of modeling and texturing, SourceSDK knowledge is a bonus (this does not refer to coding of course).

Musician / Sound / Voice Actors
We are also looking to fill a number of audio roles:

Music
We are in need of a single music track which could range from 2-3 minutes in length, this will be played on the games main menu. We would also like four much shorter win/lose tracks for each of the two teams.

Sound Effects
We are looking for a number of sound effects (footsteps, attack sounds, etc.) for PotE. If you think you can provide these please contact us.

Voice Actors
Currently we are in need of two to three voice actors. We are in need of several short voice clips per class, per team for ouur PotE mod. If you think you can pull off a good pirate accent/voice please contact us!

Team structure:
Skulburn - Project Lead
Ryan - Lead Programmer (Me)
Henri - Texture/Concept Artist
RetroCow - General Modeler

We currently have one registered domain as well as a page up on ModDB.com. The following links will redirect you to the appropriate site:

PotE Domain
PotE ModDB Profile

Contacts:
I can be reached by either of the following methods if you are interested:

1) Email: [email protected]
2) Monitoring this thread

Additional Info:
Some early screenshots can be found here:

Foilage 01
Foilage 02
Skybox and Trees

Early Jungle Cliff 01
Early Jungle Cliff 02
Early Beach Shot
Early Underwater Environmental

Thank you for taking the time to review and consider.

Regards,

The PotE Team

I've never worked on a game before (I used to be a low buget movie folie), but i may be able to help with the sound effects. Just e-mail me the sounds and I'll see what I can do.
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi Barrab,

By e-mail you the sounds do you mean the sound effects that we require or actual media to work from? I'll pass this information along to the team lead (and will also forward this same question to your e-mail) so he can get in contact with you to confirm exactly what he's looking for.

Thanks for the reply.

Permafried-

Ah! Sorry about not being clear!
Email me the list of sounds you need. Once again, sorry.

Not a problem, just wanted to be sure :). I'll pass this along to our team lead and let him know so he can put together at least a small list to begin with.

Have you worked on any other mods before Ryan?

I spent a lot of time with the Quake II and Quake III source as a developer; unfortunately none of those project ever made it to release due to insufficient help with modelling, texturing and overall team management which of course resulted in a complete breakdown and disconnect within the team.

Since then I would mess with the source for my own personal interest but avoided joining teams until this point as I wanted to be certain I could devote the team to help out.

Thankfully this time around our team lead works for a development company and is accustomed to managing projects and being available for questions/input either via MSN or e-mail and our primary environmental artist is extremely skilled and putting out some excellent screenshots imo as he builds his meshes into Hammer.

So I guess the answer totally depends on what you were looking for but that should hopefully cover everything off :).

Permafried-

Back