HL2.net, let's play Arma 2: Free

More like Flames of Bore. Wa pssh.

Even if no one's on, we can always jump into {OP4}'s server. They're doing Cherdom now, and it's really good. Lots of people.

Should be around, and might be bringing a friend. I was just round his place painstakingly getting his ACE working and only remembered we were playing vanilla on the drive home. :v

Well maybe after all the free players die off from extreme boredom, we can do Ace!

Like I said, I can do it way earlier, but nobody said anything. If I know people will be around to play at noonish, then i'll gladly start it up then, but I'd rather not just be hanging around only to find out nobody is coming until later and waste part of the day that I could have used to play Flames of War :)

If we start at EST noon I can join.

The plan is 7PM EST. EST noon is way too early for badhat it seems our GMT players are okay with a midnight start.

Check your PMs.

We'll congregate in Mumble on the Lanknights server. Once you're there we can tell you how to join and other things.

So I'm not sure if we have some missions lined up already, but I thought dom would be neat if we had the players, not to mention a good way to ease everyone into things and keep the server going if people are coming and going. Went and tracked down some Chernarus dom missions that run without mods and came up with this:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6246/DomiA2_2_11_Mission_Pack.7z

It's a pack with a bunch of different versions of the mission (including Ace ones). I've tried co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus on a server that was running it and it seems about the same as regular dom with less equipment. Not sure exactly what the differences are between them all since I can't seem to find a dedicated page for these missions and there's no readme file...

Anyway, just a thought.

Edit: Wait, this might not be the latest version. There are newer ones but I can't tell if they're just OA versions or if they contain the vanilla mission too... will try some and report back. :v

Got em here anyway. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

So I'm not sure if we have some missions lined up already, but I thought dom would be neat if we had the players, not to mention a good way to ease everyone into things and keep the server going if people are coming and going. Went and tracked down some Chernarus dom missions that run without mods and came up with this:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6246/DomiA2_2_11_Mission_Pack.7z

It's a pack with a bunch of different versions of the mission (including Ace ones). I've tried co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus on a server that was running it and it seems about the same as regular dom with less equipment. Not sure exactly what the differences are between them all since I can't seem to find a dedicated page for these missions and there's no readme file...

Anyway, just a thought.

Edit: Wait, this might not be the latest version. There are newer ones but I can't tell if they're just OA versions or if they contain the vanilla mission too... will try some and report back. :v

Good deal. Looks like I had an older version of that one.

how I can join too? if my pc make it playable

how I can join too? if my pc make it playable

Just download the ARMA 2 free to play version, and when the time comes just filter the servers by name, writing in "krynn" so it filters out everything but my server.

Oh huh. Last time I checked that page was locked. I guess Xeno finally got the stick out of his ass (he was all pissy when a bunch of 13 year olds on the forums told him his gamemode sucked and took all the official links down). Maybe the stringtable bug is finally fixed...

Damn, can't make it tonight. I'll keep an eye out for the next time you guys are doing this.

Is it cool if I tag along, guys?

I'm going to download it now and will be on steam from about 11pm - 2am GMT.

Anyone's free to join in as long as they're a team player. We look forward to having as many people as are interested.

No, missions are downloaded automatically from the host.

Jolly good. I'll be around to play in a few of hours then probably.

Great game. Too bad we didn't get a few more people, but we had a solid group and everyone seemed to pick things up pretty well. Hope it was enjoyable for you newbies.

Above all I hope you got a good sense of the gritty, uncompromising realism that the Armed Assault series is renowned for and OH NO WHAT HAPPENED

(You can't tell, but it was spinning like this. :v)

And no, that helicopter isn't there for a badass overhead screenshot flyby, that just happens in ARMA2 sometimes when you have players flying them. Unlike some games.

I really enjoyed playing with you all, but it runs terribly on my computer (My graphics card is cursed).

Had to go flying. I'll join you guys next time.

Unfortunately, I had to do work. Next time, Gadget. Next time.

Not exactly free, but for those of you who still want this game cheap (or hey, you could buy it for your friends):

Steam Arma Sale

Combined Operations (the one we play) is $15. Sale ends Thursday.

Back