HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Gabe or some other Valve employee come out for a press release and say...."What's the big deal anyways...you guys are a bunch of spazes.. The source code isn't a big deal" Then someone whispers in his/her ear, and they're like, "SH*T!!! Who the ($#& LEAKED IT!?!? HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL!"

Originally posted by Slash
This appears to be the real source imo... Im a senior computer science major in a school that teaches C++. For this to be faked would mean someone coded HL1, CS, TF2, HL2, Source, WorldCraft, etc by themselves... which is impossible :/

I would have to agree with ya there :)
2nd year jr. Computer Science Major :)

i think he meant after its released ahnteis i think he just wants a head start on making one...

Originally posted by Wob
I remember that one, type in brick or wall in google images :p

if you can find it on google i'll give you a prize...

I've been registered on these forums since May, I don't lie.

Check out my website BTW :)

Originally posted by Ahnteis
probably am, but you're even dumber so what does that make you?

Do you really think any mod would be allowed to become popular that used illegally downloaded material?

Remember also genius, things have to be validated through steam. If you hack integral parts of the engine to make youre l33t mod, you suddenly can't play the game online unless you use cheating methods. I guess technically you could do some SP "mods" using this (I was considering MP mods only since that's all most people on these forums mention) . However, you once again run into anything popular being shut down for using this leaked code.

What you FAIL to realize is now that i have the source, i can make a mod that DOESN'T require Steam SINCE i know how it works SO i know HOW to get around it.

didnt think of that did ya genius.

since may Oh MY GOD!! :p

anyway I don't see what the big deal is, cheats would have appeared sooner or later anyway. No self respecting mod team is going to use this. (it's not final)

It's just Valves new content delivery system.

steam from a leaky pipe.....

It's just Valves new content delivery system.

steam from a leaky pipe.....

Originally posted by zdub
gabes gonna have a heartattack...
¨

I heard that Gabe already died through an heartattack when he heard the news....

It obviously doesn't bother you that such an 'independent' mod based on unauthorised access to patchy old code is completely illegal and immoral? Good luck getting mirrors and a huge following for your underground masterpiece. :p

oh man you realise valve will HAVE to delay the game now that people have access to the multiplayer info....hackers are gonna love to hack the multiplayer. DAMNIT!

what the.... ... why the ***** ?

m .... y .... ... g .... ... 0 .... ...t

(without the dots and spaces)

I really feel bad for VALVe now.
For the past few weeks they've endured a lot of hate remarks (concerning the delay, mostly), and now this shit has to happen. All so close to the release, too.

I would hate to work so hard on a project for five years straight, and then find all these stupid problems appearing just when I'm about to finish. It's kind of sad.

Yah it definately sucks that this thing leaked. But isnt it only going to affect multiplayer? Honestly I'm buying the game for the single player experience and the story and because hl1 was so great, but no one even plays the multiplayer deathmatch stuff too much. TFC, DOD, and CS yah, but those are all extras. ... the leak won't really affect the single player stuff right? That's all im worried about.

Hmm, it seems to me that the cheating clan [D]eath [X] might have their hands on it. They came into a server raging (i think before this happened) that they had the source code and would take over the world or something.

Originally posted by not28
I really feel bad for VALVe now.
For the past few weeks they've endured a lot of hate remarks (concerning the delay, mostly), and now this shit has to happen. All so close to the release, too.

I would hate to work so hard on a project for five years straight, and then find all these stupid problems appearing just when I'm about to finish. It's kind of sad.

Yeah while you are scrounging to buy a $50 dollar game they are driving Bentleys and sipping on something expensive... Don't feel sorry for them.. they will still make an ass load of money off this game.

Plus... Pity is the worst human emotion.

Originally posted by Edge
Yeah while you are scrounging to buy a $50 dollar game they are driving Bentleys and sipping on something expensive... Don't feel sorry for them.. they will still make an ass load of money off this game.

Plus... Pity is the worst human emotion.

Wow, thanks for setting me straight.
</sarcasm>

hatred and frustration is the worst human emotion but regardless of leak or not im still buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back