HOme Network :\

Hudson

Reaction score
Ok. Ive got two comps, side by side (well actually seperated by a wall but W/E STFUABOUT IT___). I've got my wall running to my modem, my modem running to my router (Dlink) and my router going to both comps. How do I set it up so I can transfer files between the two comps? Becuase I cant seem to find a way to

Both comps are running WinXP Pro, and its a wired router

..how am I supposed to know that if I cant even set up a simple network

run the network set up wizard on your computer first... choose all the stuff like i connect to the internet via a lan or which ever you use. then choose your workgroup e.g. MSHome. Then let is set its self up... then do teh same on the other pc. If they are both connected via your router they should in theory be connected place a file into the shared folders on each machine e.g mycomputer.txt and in the other computer othercomputer.txt

go to Network Places and see if you can see your computers in there... try restarting them after setting up the network... p.s. there are lots of networking guides with pictures and stuff (Google It) but that really should get you going (can both pcs access the internet?) if so then the network is up and running and i would expect your file sharing to be set up also...

Andy

Back