How do I get my money back???

L

Loki-uk

Can I get my money back for HL2 please?

I'm fairly sure that writing this e-mail is a waiste of time as very few companies these days can be bothered to listen to their customers let alone reply to them. And before you send me an e-mail saying that there are 1000's of happy steam users there are 1000's of very unhappy ones too.......

Can I get a refund? pity really i've loved HL (Nuclear Winter, CS & Blue Shift I bought them all) and have been waiting for HL2 for so long. Makes me want to go out and buy an Xbox and Halo 2, Did I really just say that??? I think I need to go and take a shower EW!!!

If you ever decide to do a version of HL2 that doesn't need or have ANYTHING to do with steam or any other online auth system let me know and I might buy it again.

If closing my steam account forever is a condition of getting my money back carry on please feel free..............

Post 1

Re: Out Of Steam ... Nov 17, 05:11 Loki-uk

Hello as one of the thousands of Half-Life fans that have been eagerly awaiting the release of HL2 I would just like to say how disappointed I am with the whole roll of out such an important PC game. Why? well firstly I set my mind on buying the collectors edition box set HAHAHA I hear you all laugh, I live in ******** so today I went around all of the games stores (6) to see if anyone had a copy alas no, ok I thought I work in Worcester a larger nearby neighbouring city so again I trekked around all of the game stores (can you guess what? that's right no collectors edition). Well I though to myself I'm on my way to my girl friends how who happens to live 200 miles away in a much bigger city (Bradford) so I thought when I get there I'll take a look around, hmmm after visiting another 6 game stores no one had the collectors edition. My girlfriend could obviously tell that I really wanted this game so we decided to drive over to Leeds. Now Leeds is big and after dragging my girl friend around every game store in Leeds we finally came across someone who knew what the collectors edition was but then told us that they weren't stocking and I wouldn't be able to get one so finally I gave in a purchased the standard version. Well after dropping my girlfriend off I enjoyed a nice little 5hr drive home not too disheartened as I at least had a copy of HL2 and I'd be playing soon....... Well that's what I thought. After installing the game I have been unable to initially log in to my steam account and when I finally did and the game starts to unlock I get kicked out again saying the steam servers are too busy I was have been trying now to for three hours and I just given up. Valve keep my money I don't care I think I'll just throw this copy in the bin.........

I know that the integration into steam is an attempt to prevent piracy but all it serves to do is to annoy legitimate users who've paid good money for your products.

BTW I've already seen several pirated versions on the net so it would seem that steam hasn't prevented anything other than me and hundreds of others actually getting to play a game I've just purchased........

I really wanted HL source too bet I can't get that with the standard purchased either can I?????

I bet I can't just buy HL Source either can I??

Yours disappointedly

Very disappointed

Very Very disappointed

Loki-uk

Post 2

The Farce Continues Nov 17, 19:02 Loki-uk

After the saga I've had it gets worse (for saga see comment 36 at least i think it was 36). I've managed to play HL2 for a whole hour last night but alas that seems to be my lot I haven't acutally managed to get HL2 to load today. YAY after the 3hr registartion and taking 12hrs to let me know my HL2 is activated it's died after 1 1/2hrs play. Does anyone have the contact details for anyone at valve so I can ask them for my money back. They can keep HL2.............................

BTW I'm STILL disappointed

Thought I'd copy and paste it as I don't want to waiste any more time mailing you than I have to just in case steam setects i'm talking to you and then decides to take 12 hrs to post this e-mail and formats my hard disk for me. Just a question too how big is steam because it takes longer to load than access which I have to say runs very quickly on my PC come to think of it I don't think I have ANYTHING that takes as long as steam to start?!?

Loki

oMg~11one!!!!1 HoW WouLd You EvAR HaTe hL2?/scarasm off
noone ever gives you refond for a pc game unless its a supermarket like target or walmart, so sucks for teh!

Yeah the steam authentication process sucked but now that its loaded I have absolutly no problems with the game. BTW dont get HL source it sucks

Zeus said:
Yeah the steam authentication process sucked but now that its loaded I have absolutly no problems with the game. BTW dont get HL source it sucks
It's probably just as good if not better then HL

if you dont like it you can alwese send it to me couse i can't get it till x-mas?

(predicting a "lol")

is this supposed to be a pity me thread??
no, don't think so, nobody ever gives a **** about anybody else on the net, much less pity them.
so NO, YOU CAN'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK, GO BUY A CONSOLE IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR COMPUTER!

I know that there is not much chance in this guy getting a refund, and I have backed Steam and this auth system 100% until now, but I really agree with him.

What do they aim to achieve by making users authenticate on their servers?

If you respond to this post, please don't just say "ffs everyone should have internet now anyway". I just want to know what Valve gain from it.

mattgirv said:
I know that there is not much chance in this guy getting a refund, and I have backed Steam and this auth system 100% until now, but I really agree with him.

What do they aim to achieve by making users authenticate on their servers?

If you respond to this post, please don't just say "ffs everyone should have internet now anyway". I just want to know what Valve gain from it.

they gain false hope that piracy will go down,
false as in they think it will but i think it will go up!
pirated games don't have to go threw it!
so more and more people will wont pirated instead!
and more people will start hackin and crackin it becouse of it.

all they realy gain is false hope.

kenyo said:
they gain false hope that piracy will go down,
false as in they think it will but i think it will go up!
pirated games don't have to go threw it!
so more and more people will wont pirated instead!
and more people will start hackin and crackin it becouse of it.

all they realy gain is false hope.

I don't find that quite true.. I have plenty of friends that were looking for the warez version at first. But when they couldn't find one.. they bought the game instead. And these are guys that havn't bought a game in about four years++ :O

So.. it does work.. sorta

I hope he gets a refund, we won't see him around here ever again! Idiots get what they deserve, sorry this post is the worst pos I have seen in these forums so far.

I know it sounds completely unfair... but

My Heart bleeds for you!

how do u think I feel I forked out for the Silver and completed it in 2 days!

OK im used to completing games fast now and enjoy the game completely but 2 days :(

What the **** is wrong with you people? Someone can't get HL2 running and all I see is "h4w h4w asshole u deserve it lolololll noob"

if you have an issue with Collectors edition being available go speak to Vivendi who are the publishers. If you want to buy the Gold version via steam I'm sure Valve would be happy to look after any concerns about availability. ( If your thinking Valve should stop using Vivendi it's a safe bet to say they are also thinking this )

hey man, theres already an offline activation crack so that u dont need steam

Back