how do you slow down physics?

PoiSoNSpiDeR

Reaction score
how do you slow down/stop in midair the stuff thats affected by physics and what is the default aswell so after i fool around with it i can change it back to normal. thanks

edit: is there just a list of WORKING codes i tried some that didnt work at all

phys_timescale slows down the physics of the game, phys_timescale 1 is at normal time.

anyone know a command for global time scale?

I have tried a bunch of stuff and can't find one.

If phys_timescale doesn't work on some objects you could try changing cl_phys_timescale as well (might require turning on cheats... it does in CSS), though it may not work since it doesn't need to separate server-side and client-side physics in a singleplayer game.

I don't think there's a general slo-mo setting. You could try to get your hands on one of those old speedhacks people used to use in CS back in the day. That should work. I used to use them but never to get an advantage... in fact, the stuff I did with them never got me a single kill. For example, I'd petend to be the Six Million Dollar Man and jump over things in slo-mo while making his signature sound over the voice comm... or freeze myself in midair like in the Matrix... or just run around really fast (not killing people).

Back