How The **** Do You Get Steam Tech Support To Respond?

chickenrex

Reaction score
I've been waiting for four days for a response on two tickets for the same problem.

(That problem being, by the way the "Your Steam Account Is In Use On Another Machine" error message, which needs some explaining since we're supposed to be able to run Steam on more than one machine.)

Are they being affected by the hurricane, or suffering from some personal tragedy, or do they just not give a shit?

Anyone who knows or can offer assistance, please respond. My e-mail address is [email protected].

(That problem being, by the way the "Your Steam Account Is In Use On Another Machine" error message, which needs some explaining since we're supposed to be able to run Steam on more than one machine.)

Don't you just get the login form when it says so? Doesn't make sense.

Not at once.

I've been waiting for four days for a response on two tickets for the same problem.

Are they being affected by the hurricane, or suffering from some personal tragedy, or do they just not give a shit?

Anyone who knows or can offer assistance, please respond. My e-mail address is [email protected].
Seems a bit off waiting that long as I have had wonderful support from them. You should open 1 ticket because your just going to create more of a problem. You also can have 1 account on 1 computer at a time. This is logical because Windows does the same thing as well.

You're not supposed to be able to run Steam on more than once PC at once. You can have it installed in as many places at once, but the program should only be running on one of them. That said IIRC you're supposed to get a dialogue that lets log on from the PC you're trying to access Steam from if it's running on another PC which will log the other PC off.

Do you have more than once PC with Steam? Make sure the other one is turned off. If you don't then perhaps someone has hijacked your account which is bad. Once you have control of your account again make sure to turn Steam Guard on. This prevents people on unauthorised machines accessing your account.

As for Steam support, they're very busy people and sometimes it does take a few days. The only thing you can do is wait.

Backup Hard Drive

But that's exactly the problem...I'm trying to transfer Steam to a new hard drive on the same machine, which I never imagined would be difficult. I haven't seen an option to switch off Steam on the other drive.
Thanks for your responses.

If you're having problems moving Steam, inside the Steam folder cut the 'steamapps' folder (which contains all your game files) and move it to your new hard drive. Uninstall Steam from the original drive. Reinstall Steam (custom installation) onto your new hard drive. Browse to the Steam folder on your new hard drive and replace the empty 'steamapps' folder with the one you cut earlier. Coping the folder over first time will take a while! Start Steam, log into your account and Steam will patch a few tiny files and you're done!

Also I think Steam support takes 3-4 working days to respond to support tickets. I don't believe this includes weekends! I don't imagine Valve are affected by Irene as they are over in Washington State not D.C.!

Thank you, Hectic Glenn.

I will give that a try as soon as I get a chance.

Back