How to make DOOM3 CDs edition to a DVD edition

Gorgon

Reaction score
http://www.modsgarage.com/d3dvd.php

Disclaimer:
Software piracy is illegal. I take no responsibility for the actons of others.
If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to know right from wrong.
If the process outlined on this page is illegal in anyway, consider it creative articulation.
Good day.

Overview:
Having purchased Doom3, I was excited to install and play. However, upon opening the package, I found 3 CDs instead of 1 DVD. I thought to myself, What kind of world is this?
This howto is meant to show you how I was able to combine the 3 CDs that ship with Doom3 into 1 DVD. It also shows you how I incorporated a No CD Patch. As I was saying, What kind of world is this?

:cheers:

You haxxor. Good idea, could you do the same with UT2004 ?

stop whining about the 3 CDs! damn n3wbs!

Adrien C: they sell it in a DVD version, did you not get it?

Yep, but it was hard to find the DVD Version, Specially dawn here, all they sell is Diskete version.

Why is it illegal? You could claim that you were backing it up which is not illegal.

Adrien C said:
Yep, but it was hard to find the DVD Version, Specially dawn here, all they sell is Diskete version.

dood...
3CDs is what? 2100 megs?

/1.44
=
1459 diskettes...OUCH...I'll never complain about CD Swapping again!

Hazar Dakiri said:
Why is it illegal? You could claim that you were backing it up which is not illegal.

But claiming to back something up that you don't own, IS illegal.

Well, I was assuming that you bought the game.

Adrien C said:

so you have 2918 diskettes for UT 2k4?

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnnn

i was disappointed when i went to the store to pick up the game and was told there was no DVD version :|
im kinda sick of CDs.. especially games with multiple CDs.. it ticks me off :hmph: :frown:
i hope HL2 has DVD versions and CD versions.. so the choice is up to the individual.

I don't see anything wrong with 3 cds..anything above 3 should be DVD though.

Back