How we got to the Borealis...

Ok, so assuming we all went Matrix on the heli, we could say that we drive the Borealis out of the dry dock? Or self destruct maybe>! Yes...

Maybe we will forget about the heli and teleport to Mossman's base. Seriously what happened to the whole teleportation project, it was such a big thing in half life 2 and now no one seems to mention it. I understand that much more important events are going on but Kleiner and Eli had some time before Gordon and Alyx showed up.

Maybe we will forget about the heli and teleport to Mossman's base. Seriously what happened to the whole teleportation project, it was such a big thing in half life 2 and now no one seems to mention it. I understand that much more important events are going on but Kleiner and Eli had some time before Gordon and Alyx showed up.

the teleport was in c17, which is rubble now.

Well, Tomu, we know that the entire ship teleported into the middle of arctic waters, I think it's safe to say teleportation is still a pivotal element in the story.

Ya I know, but I'm surprised Magnusson didn't have one in his lab.

So after that we land on the Borealis, and find Mossman? Is she on the ship?

And how do we know that while we're on the ship it won't teleport randomly to some random place? Or could we have another Black Mesa on our hands?

But if Mossman is on the ship, we bring her back, with some data she might be carrying.

We will fly on Cubbages back and he'll be all:'' Z00000M!! ''

And, really, we will go by choppa'.

Ya I know, but I'm surprised Magnusson didn't have one in his lab.

Are you people blind? The Magnusson Device dispensors are portable teleporters! And you need a receiving point for that kind of teleportation. None of that in the arctic.

(And the teleport accident in Red Letter Day doesn't count because, A) It was an accident, B) It was random, and C) It was uncontrolled.)

Of course I know about the magnusson device teleporters but I was talking about one that is similar to kleiner's and Eli's, one that can teleport a person and not just a small device and from long distances. Who knows, there might be a teleporter in the arctic but we just don't know it, considering that we didn't get a proper signal to the arctic base to communicate with them.

Of course I know about the magnusson device teleporters but I was talking about one that is similar to kleiner's and Eli's, one that can teleport a person and not just a small device and from long distances. Who knows, there might be a teleporter in the arctic but we just don't know it, considering that we didn't get a proper signal to the arctic base to communicate with them.

An isolated Arctic base is going to have teleporter parts? Or the power generators to power one capable of teleporting a person? The Magnusson Device teleporters use the same principle as the bigger ones btw. I found it cool because it's apparent that they understand how their teleporters work. Magnusson teleporters don't have any apparent power source for some reason though, I suppose they use Combine batteries or something.

Yeh, the teleporters were in City 17, but how do you think Kleiner got to White Forest, and if you noclip in Episode 1, you will see a teleporter behind Kleiner and Eli...

Also, Thread Title - How we GOT to the Borealis...

We're not there yet...

Well the power generators can be covered by the vortigaunts but I'm not sure about the teleporter parts, there might be a chance.

Magnusson obviously has a teleporter...end of story....now, back to the badly spelt thread title....

Well I wasn't debating on whether Magnusson had a teleporter or not but back to the topic, I'm sure we will be using the heli. Instead of a crash maybe we will just have some damaged parts from a combine ambush and will have to land at a nearby rebel outpost and then we will continue our journey from there to the Borealis.

Magnusson obviously has a teleporter...end of story....now, back to the badly spelt thread title....

I'm sorry, I didn't know you could all read English. Anyways, thre thought of all of us teleporting to the Borealis and possibly causing another Black Mesa is too much to bear for me. And about the power issue, is it possible to contain for a period of time a Vortigaunts energy?

How do we know the arctic team have vortigaunts, exactly? They lost contact with them, remember? So no vortigaunts with that bunch.

Vorts can communicate by their minds. Alyx tell us about it in Nova Prospekt "Vortigants gets captured and sends back information little we know its all bad"

Yeh, I can remember something about Vorts when she jumps down from the train tracks...

I'll have to play that level again tomorrow...

LOL I think Vorts might come along for the ride. Maybe Uriah? Probably not. This thread is getting big.

Just a bit, for such a small subject...

For everyone who has questions why the borealis COULD be on a mountain.

If you listen through the whole series of games, You might over hear someone saying:

"I heard After the RC, A ship called the Borealis Disappeared! And Half the Dry dock with it!"

That means It probably got teleported by a few Stray Beams.

Who knows? Maybe it went to the mountains. Or straight to the arctic.

Mabye the borealis contain a secret portal to Xen which needs to be destroyed and mabye the borealis was travling threw the brimuda triangle and was casted out to the artic by GMAN

For everyone who has questions why the borealis COULD be on a mountain.

Wow, someone is listening to me...

I think the Borealis is also on that mountain, the arctic is far too far away from Bulgaria or Ukraine.

Mabye the borealis contain a secret portal to Xen which needs to be destroyed and mabye the borealis was travling threw the brimuda triangle and was casted out to the artic by GMAN

We already know that it was in a harbor when it teleported to the arctic.
It was not at sea.

Wow, someone is listening to me...

I think the Borealis is also on that mountain, the arctic is far too far away from Bulgaria or Ukraine.

No one's listening. They just happened to have the same idea as you and the same answer.

lol, just kidding, but seriously, if it was in the mountains we wouldn't be able to fly over the remains of City 17!

We need more posts, come on!

I'm sorry.

Anyways, someone said we get to the Borealis last in Episode 3, but what would this leave for Half Life 3, hmm?

11 pages about getting on Borealis? Isn't that enough for you? :p

Don't worry AciD, I think this thread will be dead soon.

We'll have to have a funeral...

I think it just died.

How does this Sameiru guy in that thread ... hmm.

know that it's a Xen crystal?

Pistolero, you found some good info there. So this actually means that we will be seeing Cleveland Ohio zombvies or what? Combine in cleveland? Weird.

And what Xen crystal, the on that couold possibly be in the Borealis?

EDIT:

THE THREAD LIVES!

Back