HTC Vive Games Coming Soon! - ValveTime News Round-Up (18th January 2016)

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While the past week was a little light on officially released news from Valve, there was still plenty of partner and community topics to help develop a few headlines. These headlines include new details about the upcoming reveal of games for the HTC Vive, the announcement of Steam versions of the Sven Co-op and Prospekt mods for the Half-Life series, and a leaked recap listing the successes of the recent Steam Winter Sale.

If you enjoy these News Round-Ups, be sure to catch future episodes by subscribing to our YouTube channel and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for watching.

Prospekt is kind of sad because it pretty much definitively confirms we'll never see another Valve-produced sequel featuring Adrian Shepherd, but I guess I'm intrigued anyway although I honestly don't know if it's worth the price.

Sven Coop coming to Steam is great news though! It's been probably a decade since I last played it but I'm looking forward to revisiting it and drowning in a deluge of nostalgia.

Prospekt is kind of sad because it pretty much definitively confirms we'll never see another Valve-produced sequel featuring Adrian Shepherd, but I guess I'm intrigued anyway although I honestly don't know if it's worth the price.

Michael Avon Oeming of Valve was actually working on a comic set in the Half-Life universe, featuring Adrian Shephard. Here is a picture of his Half-Life work from his blog:

http://oeming.tumblr.com/post/129505111814

In regards to the official canon, why do people give a **** about Adrian Shepard?

He's not really, Valve has had no problem retconning stuff from the Gearbox expansions... they're only canon insofar as they don't conflict with anything Valve wants to do with the HL storyline.

Back