Huge write-up on CELL and Playstation 3

It'll probably be around 200 pounds at launch in the UK.

I'd be very suprised if it was called anything other than PS3.

Warbie said:
That's the wrong time to sell a PS2 m8 ;).

It took a good year or two before many really good games started to arrive on the PS2. Now there are many top quality titless (Ico is up there with the best of Nintendo. Its sequal makes me weak at the knees just thinking about it :))

See..I put XBox second and PS2 third. I have no doubt there's some good titles on the PS2, but I still don't regret getting rid of it. Ico is good stuff, but it's not a system buyer for me....not like a Metroid game or Halo or the Zelda series....those games are passions. I can live without the games on the PS2. Same with the PS. There were games on the N64 that I couldn't be without....period. I was still on the N64 and the Dreamcast until the Gamecube and XBox came out. Oh god those two systems had some GREAT games. To each his own.

The money I got from the PS2 paid for my Gamecube and most of my XBox. :cheers:

Warbie makeing some damn fine points as usual, and he's my brother in nintendo fanboyism :) <3

Throwing aside all fanboyism for nintendo, what is so special about the DS anyway? I bought one of them and regret the purchase so far. The whole touch screen idea is flawed (not enjoying this), and all the games out at the momment are half-assed remakes (mario DS, ridge racer DS, etc)

Just because it's "nintendo" doesn't mean that the handheld has to be "innovative". Sure I love their games (Zelda oot and mario 64) and even my GBA, but when they make crap then I won't appreciate because of the brand name.

lans said:
Throwing aside all fanboyism for nintendo, what is so special about the DS anyway? I bought one of them and regret the purchase so far. The whole touch screen idea is flawed (not enjoying this), and all the games out at the momment are half-assed remakes (mario DS, ridge racer DS, etc)

Just because it's "nintendo" doesn't mean that the handheld has to be "innovative". Sure I love their games (Zelda oot and mario 64) and even my GBA, but when they make crap then I won't appreciate because of the brand name.

Take it back...I'm sure you can still fetch a fine price for it at EBGames or Gamestop. If you don't like the concept of the touch screen you're probobly not going to like any of the games...ever.

Why should Nintendo make the same old handheld. If Nintendo wanted to make an ultra powerful portable with nothing new to it, they could. They've been in the business of the same old portable since the late 80's.

You forgot to add something to your post also....IMO. It's all your opinion. If you don't like it...don't keep it. It's your opinion that it's crap and unfortunatly for you it's not shared by many others.

babyheadcrab said:
Warbie makeing some damn fine points as usual, and he's my brother in nintendo fanboyism :) <3

awwww \o/

lans said:

It's been out for two months, jesus. You can't expect a console to flourish so quickly. Games always make the console, you just have to wait for someone to really take advantage of it.

Warbie said:
It'll probably be around 200 pounds at launch in the UK.

No chance mate. Both PS1 and PS2 were £300 at launch, I don't see it going for anything under that unless the Xbox was incredibly cheap as well.

lans said:

Give it some time. While I'm really enjoying Mario DS at the mo, I agree that there's no alot else out there. (Wario Ware is still great though) Wait a while - there's plenty of good titles coming soon :)

I disagree about touch screen too - it's far from a gimmick (which we'll all see as more games designed around its use start to appear) Let's not base any desisions on Ridge Racer ;)

KagePrototype said:
No chance mate. Both PS1 and PS2 were £300 at launch, I don't see it going for anything under that unless the Xbox was incredibly cheap as well.

Really? - i'm sure my ps2 was a little over 200 quid.

(I do always import tho - which can save a bundle if you can avoid the evil taxman. Never buy PAL :))

Warbie said:
Really? - i'm sure my ps2 was a little over 200 quid.

(I do always import tho - which can save a bundle if you can avoid the evil taxman. Never buy PAL :))

I distincly remember paying £300 to preorder my PS2; I remember thinking it was a rip-off, but also thinking that I wouldn't be able to get one for a looong time if I didn't preorder as fast as possible (this being the first batch of PS2s to enter the UK, the ones that you could only get by preordering, and even then there was a shortage. Silly Sony). And besides, I wanted Timesplitters badly. :)

Lt. Drebin said:
Why should Nintendo make the same old handheld. If Nintendo wanted to make an ultra powerful portable with nothing new to it, they could. They've been in the business of the same old portable since the late 80's.

Good point. Nintendo can at least be given a little praise because while console makers and (Most) developers are adopting a "Faster Stronger, Harder," approach Nintendo are going with "What hasn't been done?" approach. Which is much more difficult to find when most of the Gaming industry is stuck making the same thing everyone wants to play. Leaving the Innovators behind.

/me hugs Darwinia.

KagePrototype said:
I distincly remember paying £300 to preorder my PS2; I remember thinking it was a rip-off, but also thinking that I wouldn't be able to get one for a looong time if I didn't preorder as fast as possible (this being the first batch of PS2s to enter the UK, the ones that you could only get by preordering, and even then there was a shortage. Silly Sony). And besides, I wanted Timesplitters badly. :)

lol - I hear that.

FF6 cost me 80 quid. The JPN version of SFII on the snes cost me a whopping 120 pounds /o\ (got it 2 days after release, though. Worth every penny, and then some :))

Venmoch said:
Good point. Nintendo can at least be given a little praise because while console makers and (Most) developers are adopting a "Faster Stronger, Harder," approach Nintendo are going with "What hasn't been done?" approach.

A little praise?? They're the only gaming company with balls..

Back