Human Revolution Wii U to have overhauled bosses, modified sniping, throwing back grenades, more

I agree, that would be awesome. I'd love to run through the Developer Commentary also.

Sadly I expect this will be exclusive to encourage sales of the Wii-U version to people who already own one of the other releases. The only hope would be if they went the DLC route after some significant delay, but that seems pretty unlikely these days.

Overhauled boss fights? Bitchin'

I doubt we'll get these, though.

I was gonna try replay this some time soon after losing my save file half way through the first time, but this kind of makes me want to wait.

I hate exclusives like this. It's the reason I stopped playing older franchises that I loved as a kid. I refuse to go and buy a console every other year just to be able to play a game.
It does sound cool, and as DLC it'd be a must. But, exclusive to WiiU? Nah. I'll pass. The Wii I have just now barely gets touched.

I hate exclusives like this. It's the reason I stopped playing older franchises that I loved as a kid. I refuse to go and buy a console every other year just to be able to play a game.
It does sound cool, and as DLC it'd be a must. But, exclusive to WiiU? Nah. I'll pass. The Wii I have just now barely gets touched.
Not to mention that the Wii U will have, yet again, laughably outdated hardware when the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft get released.

I hope all five people who play this and the two that had already played it to know what was improved enjoy the experience.

Now give us a sequel.

Not to mention that the Wii U will have, yet again, laughably outdated hardware when the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft get released.
That didn't stop the Wii from outselling the PS4 and 360. I'm not saying that the Wii U is going to be massively successful, I don't care to speculate too much, but power is not the be-all and end-all.

That didn't stop the Wii from outselling the PS4 and 360. I'm not saying that the Wii U is going to be massively successful, I don't care to speculate too much, but power is not the be-all and end-all.

And Call of Duty: Flavor of the Year outsells pretty much every other game every year. It's still a shit game series. Volume doesn't mean anything, except that they have good marketing and a product that sells. I don't care how well the Wii U sells, I care if it's something I want to buy and it isn't.

They got away with their laughable hardware last time because the next generation of consoles were all so uniformly a HUGE step up in hardware from the previous one. This time they're basically stepping up to plate with the minimum necessary to compete yet again, but now the niche of Fun Casual Games(TM) has been almost totally co-opted by handhelds and smartphones. No one wants to pay 50 dollars for yet another Mario Party. It doesn't help that, yet again, they have designed an offensively crappy controller.

I honestly don't even know what niche they were trying to fill this time around. It's like they think people bought the Wii because it was a) gimmicky and b) made by Nintendo. Granted, there are still people who'll buy a Nintendo system just for the games regardless of whatever gimmick they tack onto the system (I got a 3DS and never use the 3D), but I really wonder how long they can rely on those numbers, especially if they keep charging so ****ing much at launch.

Gamasutra estimates that the actual number is between 45,000 and 59,000 consoles sold.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn thats low.

But comparing Wii sales and PS3/Xbox sales is stupid. Its like comparing bicycle sales to automotive sales. They serve the same function, but designed to fit different needs. (FYI in 2011 ~16 million bicycles were sold vs ~12 million automobiles)

(FYI in 2011 ~16 million bicycles were sold vs ~12 million automobiles)
Those automobile stats were for new cars only, not used. Used car sales in 2010 were ~36 million.

And don't talk about used bikes. People buy used cars way more than they do used bikes.

I bought a used bike once. Never again!

The Wii-U has got one good thing going for it. If you say the name repeatedly you start to sound like a European police siren.

Those automobile stats were for new cars only, not used. Used car sales in 2010 were ~36 million.

And don't talk about used bikes. People buy used cars way more than they do used bikes.
I'm pretty sure microsoft/sony/nintendo don't count used console sales in their figures, whats your point?

I'm pretty sure microsoft/sony/nintendo don't count used console sales in their figures, whats your point?
I don't know, what was yours? Most people don't buy used consoles either compared to new ones. But used cars far outsell new cars.

My point is exactly what I stated it was. "comparing Wii sales and PS3/Xbox sales is stupid..... They serve the same function, but designed to fit different needs."

Still don't see what your point is.

Yes, I get that. I assumed you were just stating the figures on bike vs car sales for the hell of it. But I wanted to make my note saying that you were comparing an uncommon method of buying cars to a common method of buying bikes, which is a little skewed.

Yes, I get that. I assumed you were just stating the figures on bike vs car sales for the hell of it. But I wanted to make my note saying that you were comparing an uncommon method of buying cars to a common method of buying bikes, which is a little skewed.

He's pointing out that from an economic standpoint something like the Wii will sell a lot because it's inexpensive compared to the others. Similarly, bikes are much less expensive than cars and therefore sell more due to the economics of price elasticity. He was trying to illustrate why the Wii sold better by using an economic analogy.

Similarly, bikes are much less expensive than cars and therefore sell more due to the economics of price elasticity.
But, even a used car is vastly more expensive than a new bike, and they sell more than bikes as the stats I mentioned show... :)

Also I think that's the opposite of the point he was trying to make. He was saying the Wii is for a different market, and so isn't affected by the sales of xbox and ps3. It has little to do with quantifiable comparisons like price or power. The wii could be just as expensive as the xbox and ps3 and still do well, because it's just a different market.

Also I think that's the opposite of the point he was trying to make. He was saying the Wii is for a different market, and so isn't affected by the sales of xbox and ps3. It has little to do with quantifiable comparisons like price or power. The wii could be just as expensive as the xbox and ps3 and still do well, because it's just a different market.
Yep.

Well I mean, it does kind of bear comparison if only to highlight how well Nintendo systems have bridged the gap between generations, even though they're doing their own weird kind of in-betweeny thing now. The Wii sold like sexy, sexy hotcakes, and continues to be the top-selling console of that generation, outselling Xbox 360 and PS3 even though they've been consistently outselling the Wii in recent months/years. It also sold incredibly well at launch and continued to be well-adopted for a while after. The Wii U is technically a next generation console (if that's even really a solidly defined thing any more), so comparing it to current-gen consoles might not be very useful when you take things like price, games, other owners into account, but it's obviously meant to be a continuation of the Wii, and in that respect it's pretty clearly a flop so far. Same thing happened with the 3DS before they dropped the price, now it's out-selling the Vita by a pretty wide margin. Nintendo really need to do something to make the Wii U more appealing to people who aren't already sold on it, or maybe just not launch their hardware at such ridiculously uncompetitive prices for once.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nfirmed-and-yes-theyve-fixed-the-boss-battles

An article popped up on Eurogamer going into detail about the release. They specifically rule out the Xbox 360 version getting an update, but refused to comment on the PC and PS3 versions.

The two interesting parts for me are the boss tweaks, and the fact that the DLC missions have been woven into the main story, rather than existing as an external chapter.

I really hope they decide to release this on PC at some point, though my more cynical side figures that it will never happen.

Plz Squeeidos I will give you teh monies for pc vershun.

Make an exclusive version of a game for a system that nobody wants or cares about! Always knew JC Denton was a piece of shit

Is it confirmed to be an update to current owners, or will it be a separate "director's cut" version of the game sold as new?

If it's the latter I'll be annoyed but I'll pick it up when it goes for cheap in Steam sale.

Back