Eschaton - An Immersive Spy Thriller. Texture artists needed.

S

sin-arty

Hey everyone, I'm sinarty, Project Director, PR Mangager, Design Director, Storyboard/Dialgue/Script Writer, Lead Art Director, Concept Artist, Modeller and Webmaster for the Eschaton project.

website link: http://ren.ahl2mod.net

ESCHATON
An Immersive First-Person Adventure Shooter Simulation Thriller.
Genre: Action / Thriller / Mystery / Sci-Fi / Drama / Romance

INTRODUCTION
Hello and welcome to the Eschaton introductionary section.
First and foremost, and most importantly, Eschaton is a sci-fi first person RPG modification based on Valve Software's Half-Life 2's Source engine.
Eschaton is an extremely ambitious and complicated project, involving many gameplay elements and concepts not done before.
If you haven't, please refer to the Features page immediately.
The goal behind Eschaton is to revolutionize modern gaming as it is today in every possible aspect available.
Bringing many elements never before seen in-game, is definitely not going to be an easy task, thus the element of time is the mod's friend, and since Eschaton isn't developed by a licensed gaming company, it's not restricted by any software restrictions or regulations nor does it have a limited budget or a deadline.
Eschaton is more of a total conversion than a simple modification; It is the range of content, detail and design that is outrageously immense and ambitious, as it is expansive.
Fundamentally I am trying to achieve something that has never been done before in a PC game while trying to push the boundaries of Source™ technology further.
Eschaton is trying to be as realistic as possible, be it the health system, movement system or firing system, where each system contributes in immersing the player more deeply within the game, and adds overall complexity.
Am I trying to change the world? Not all at once.

For about 3 years now, I have been thinking, researching and spending time brainstorming ideas.
The idea was originally inspired by many cyberpunk and sci-fi movies, pc games, books and so forth.
I had a vision; this vision was to create a whole new world set in an far alternate future, either a motion picture or a PC game, filled with conspiracies, black government and military projects, evil A.I. supercomputers, secret societies and immoral scientific research, be it cybernetics, biological research, cloning, “Super Soldiers”, human augmentations, deadly viruses and so forth.

EDITOR'S NOTES
Let’s take Warren Spector’s Deus Ex for example, I really think that Deus Ex has made a lot of people open their eyes and change their views on secret societies, government agencies, and on conspiracies in general.
Honestly, I didn’t know about secret societies only after I played Deus Ex, I was so fascinated by them that I started researching and reading about them for months, day and night, and frankly, I think more people should learn about this sort of stuff, not only because its interesting, but because secret societies exist behind every government, behind every major event, behind every world war etc, and it is also important to know their motives, and their hunger for control, and money.
But secret societies never touch anything directly, they are invisible, they only influence, suggest and insinuate.
Eschaton will supposedly take the player behind the scenes of a couple of secret societies and secret government agencies, black military projects and so on.
I would like to point out that for the past few months I have been researching mankind's history, and I want to say that I am afraid, I’m afraid because we live in a very violent world, world full of political assassinations, world wars, uncontrolled bloodshed and natural disasters.
Their motives are crystal clear; lust for power and money.
It is that simple, and it scares the shit out of me, and it scares me even more because of the fact that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, are unaware of the forces which truly control our world.

THE GAME WORLD

Eschaton is a story of humanity, an experience that touches the political, the spiritual, the philosophical, the romantic and the emotional.
It is a story of struggle that speaks of two heroes in a world of a thousand factions, the immensely profound movements of powerful organizations, and the unity of a race against an upcoming strife and a tidal wave of unstoppable change.

* The game begins on December 21st, 2012.

Eschaton is a sci-fi first person RPG modification based on Valve Software's Half-Life2™ Source engine.
Fictionally, Eschaton is set in a near alternate future version of the real world.
Conceptually, Eschaton is genre-busting game – part immersive simulation, part-role playing game, part first-person shooter and part adventure game.
Theoretically, I am trying to create an immersive simulation game in which you are made to feel as if you’re actually in the game world.

Ideally, when playing the game, nothing should remind you that you are just playing a game; not the interface, not your character’s back-story or capabilities, not game systems, nothing.
It should be all about how you interact with complex environments in ways which you find interesting, and in the way you move closer to accomplishing your goals.

It is a role playing game in that you play a role and make character development choices which ensure that you end up with a unique alter ego.
You progress throughout the game through a variety of minute-to-minute gameplay experiences in a manner that grows naturally out of the unique aspects of your character.
Every single and possible choice you make is theoretically designed to reflect your own biases and express your own personal characteristic differences in obvious ways in the game world, as much as realistically possible.

It is a first-person shooter because the action unfolds in real-time, seen through the virtual eyes of your alter ego in the game world, and your reflexes and skills play an important role in determining your success in combat.

And finally, Eschaton is like an adventure game in that it’s story-driven, linear in narrative structure, and involves character interaction and item accumulation to advance the plot.
However, Eschaton is designed to “ask” players to determine how they will solve game problems and force them to deal with the consequences of their choices.

Eschaton is not about using the biggest gun to defeat a final boss, not at all.
Eschaton is about making minute-to-minute nerve breaking critical decisions which impact the world, and using the environments to accomplish the tasks set before the player.

WIP Timeline - http://ren.ahl2mod.net/timeline.htm

Intro script - http://ren.ahl2mod.net/thescript.htm

Forums - http://forums.ahl2mod.net/index.php?showforum=28

Umm... yeah, thats it :roll:

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm also recruiting :oops: :wink:

http://ren.ahl2mod.net/jobs.htm

little eye candy:
eschaton4small.jpg

Peace.

:: EDIT ::

The following has been pasted from the Eschaton website's Jobs page:

Help create Eschaton.

Eschaton is ambitious, because it's a game made by gamers for gamers.