I exist. As far as I know.

imadoofus

Headcrab
Reaction score
So here I am, orbiting Pluto, waiting for all the spaceships ahead of me to start accelerating, browsing Earth's internet. I've been a Valve fan for a comparatively short time, starting my addiction with Portal. Portal was really the only reason I got the Orange Box those few short years ago, but in time, I decided to look into its companion game, Team Fortress 2. Despite being what one might refer to as "teh suck," I enjoyed it. Soon, I was learning of the expansive Half-Life universe and Valve's origins. Soon, it cascaded into playing most of the Half-Life games to date. To think, when I started my journey into Valve Software, I could only guess what GLaDOS meant by "Black Mesa."

And so, I type before a keyboard, a devoted and true Gabenite, to retell what of my experience I can remember to a group of people sitting before a similar keyboard, most of whom are older than me and have far more experience than I do, almost on a whim, having finally discovered a forum built for Valve and its wonderful, wonderful games - the kind we play to this day.

TL;DR: I'm new, hi, games.

Naj, mayne, I'd just played Opposing Force. When's that Shep guy coming back?

We all had school when we played and beat Half-Life bro. You don't have to lie to kick it

I must confess I have only finished HL1 once, and I had to use cheats in the last chapter. I feel compelled to come clean about this. (keep in mind this was HL source)

So here I am, orbiting Pluto, waiting for all the spaceships ahead of me to start accelerating, browsing Earth's internet. I've been a Valve fan for a comparatively short time, starting my addiction with Portal. Portal was really the only reason I got the Orange Box those few short years ago, but in time, I decided to look into its companion game, Team Fortress 2. Despite being what one might refer to as "teh suck," I enjoyed it. Soon, I was learning of the expansive Half-Life universe and Valve's origins. Soon, it cascaded into playing most of the Half-Life games to date. To think, when I started my journey into Valve Software, I could only guess what GLaDOS meant by "Black Mesa."

And so, I type before a keyboard, a devoted and true Gabenite, to retell what of my experience I can remember to a group of people sitting before a similar keyboard, most of whom are older than me and have far more experience than I do, almost on a whim, having finally discovered a forum built for Valve and its wonderful, wonderful games - the kind we play to this day.

TL;DR: I'm new, hi, games.

Well spoken, stick around a while.

As much as I love the first Half-Life, I still can't play through the whole thing without cheating. I didn't start playing video games until about 2010, so all those older games with much steeper difficulty curves still murder me. BUT I am working on getting better.

*under my breath, speaking to self*
do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve...

As much as I love the first Half-Life, I still can't play through the whole thing without cheating. I didn't start playing video games until about 2010, so all those older games with much steeper difficulty curves still murder me. BUT I am working on getting better.

*under my breath, speaking to self*
do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve...

Back