I finally did it \o/

First time I went lucid I got too excited and my surroundings fell apart and I woke up. Haven't been able to do it since. :(

Who else thought this was going to be a "i lost my virginity" thread?

I've had a few although I've never really tried to have them, and when I did have them they were all pretty f'ed up, although one was pretty interesting, I remember it pretty good. I was sitting in a room with my friend having a conversation with him, and I remember saying to myself "Wait a minute. This is a dream!" After that everything went white and I woke up :x

i had a night terror once, i was 8... there was a steel and a stone dragon. and a puppet, those dummy puppets. and a troll i think(Not the type that goes, you are a dick) and they surrounded me, i dunno how but i instantly knew i t was a dream... i killed em off with a pit to hell opening up underneath them.. after that i woke up.

That's not a night terror. Night terror is just terror at night without a reason.

Oh that thats lucid =D !!!!

Yay i acheived lucid

Night terror ok

I had a dream of my old house(NO RAZIAAR ITS NOT IN ALASKA) and my form teacher was playing a chinese flute, i freaked out and could not dream well.

Pretty much, i just freaked out in my dream for no apparent reason

Anyone ever have a lucid dream where you in a certain spot but can't move or speak D: Horrible. Its happened to me several times and its always in the same spot. I'll be in my bed, just staring at the wall. I know its a dream but I can't wake up. >_> Everytime it happens I just try to move myself around and I usually wake myself up that way.

Do you wake up real quick? It must seem like youre silenced in a mental hospice. HOSPICE not hospital

I have lucid dreams at least once a month, although I almost always wake up just a few seconds after realizing it. Of some odd reason, I seem to begin to ludic dream just as my alarm clock goes off.

Managed to have another one last night via WBTB with FILD (thanks for the tip Pauly :D), but just as things started getting interesting, my neighbor started up his jeep, and I woke up :(

Kill you're neighbour. Eat his meat, you will definetly have a lucid dream.

Managed to have another one last night via WBTB with FILD (thanks for the tip Pauly :D), but just as things started getting interesting, my neighbor started up his jeep, and I woke up :(

heh told you.... that seems to work pretty damn well...

Heres a cool thing to do when your lucid...
stablize your dream first... by spinning or rubbing your hands...

next... tell yourself that in your left pocket there is a pill/drug that will create an instant euphoric affect. Tell yourself that this pill will put you in the greatest possible state of euphoria that there is. Reach into your pocket... feel around for this pill... take it out... swallow it... and enjoy.

People have posted on other forums that dreams allow them to reach high states of euphoria not even possibly under normal earthly conditions. There is one poster on dreamviews that says he has taken every drug from weed to heroin. basically every single drug imaginable. He says they dont even come close to the euphoria he achieves in his lucid dreams.

I for one have had a lot of the extreme happiness feeling stay with me for almost a full hour AFTER i wake up. Its like the same concept of waking up upset after a dream and you feel like crying in RL.. This is the same effect.

Try it out...

Hey Pauly that sounds good. When I next have a stable lucid dream I am planning to experiment with what's possible and what's not. Do you have a better link with your subconscious when you're LDing?

OK, so I managed to have another one using WBTB + FILD AGAIN...

This time though, I managed to stay stable in the lucid state. I was on the third floor of the athletic building of my school, and it was the middle of the night. One of the rooms had a class going, and it turns out that the class that was in session, in real life, has Krystal in it, and the dream course had her too!

So, while a few of my friends were chilling outside of the class with me, I kept pinching my nose (to retain lucidity), trying to go invisible, and sneaking into the class to bring her outside to just hang out with us (no, I wasn't trying to **** the shit out of her, but I did have it in mind).

But that wasn't working (I couldn't find a spot in which to turn invisible without anybody actually SEEING me turn invisible), so I went inside of the building and just started talking with people (teacher didn't mind apparently). I then started spinning around as fast as possible, and visualizing a gigantic grassy field (like in New Zealand or something), with castle ruins on one of the hills. I saw the scene start zoning into existence, so I stopped spinning, put my hands in front of me, and put some sort of a pushiong force into my hands which apparently made the scene come in faster, but it started fading out, and when I looked around the room was exactly the same, save for some flower boxes infront of where I was facing my hands.

I went onto the balcony of the building and thought about flying, but I didn't, because I didn't want to waste the dream.

And then around here I remember the dream shifting to me being in some sort of indoors shopping mall, in the middle of the night, with the girls soccer team in one of the shops. The rest of the mall was dark, save the shop the team was in, and the room that I had come from (I don't remember what was in there...), so I went over and peaked into the shop to see what the team was up to.

They weren't really doing anything, and I think my lucidity faded around here, but I remember running downstairs with a bunch of pillows to hide from the soccer coach, for god knows why, and I remember looking into the bathroom mirror and seeing myself with a really really wierd beard. These parts are as clear as if they were lucid, but I don't believe I was concious of the dream state during these times.

And then I think I lost lucidity somewhere around here.

If you die in a lucid dream do you die in real life :eek:

No. fin, i died in a dream once, i turned into a ghost. Pretty weird.

Oh man, don't get me going on dreams. When I was younger (from about 5 or 6 all the way until 14 or 15) I'd have the same dream once or twice a month. It was always a nightmare, and went out the same way almost every time. I never remembered it was a dream, and always went through the same scary stuff.

Of the dreams where I have some control (wether I know about it, or my dream gives me control in a dream-scenario) It is always fun to fly around, jump off of cliffs without anything to protect me, or do crazy stuff.

The worst dream I've had is one where I'm spinning in a graveyard at night, horrible things are happening in front of me (incredibly gruesome and gory) including family and friends. For about 2 seconds, I'll see a bunch of words in front of me like a computer screen, telling me some horrific story, and at that point, I know it's a dream, and I know I can only wake myself while I see the words.
I know I can wake myself throughout the whole dream, but as much as I tried while seeing those horrible things going on, the dream wouldn't let me. It was absolutely horrible.

Lucid dreams are awesome, but last time I had one was a few years ago ;/ It was at the time when I was reading about all this stuff, so I guess it was on my mind all the time and that helped. This thread encouraged me to try and have a lucid dream again.

When in the dream the thought that it actually might be a dream came to my mind, I always checked my watch. If it is a dream, the numbers will change or not make sense at all.

A few times I used the method of yelling "CONTROL!" or "SHARPEN!" in the dream, when it starts to fade away, to make it longer. You could try that.

I'll read some stuff from that site you provided, looks interesting.

A few times I used the method of yelling "CONTROL!" or "SHARPEN!" in the dream, when it starts to fade away, to make it longer. You could try that.

Yeah it will really help to yell some photoshop filters in your dream :|

I'm pretty sure you guys are just dreaming your having a lucid dream tbh.

When I'm dreaming, and I slowly start to realize it's a dream, I instantly wake up.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah it will really help to yell some photoshop filters in your dream :|

I suggest double checking if you're dreaming, you wouldn't want to burst out like that among people when you're not in a dream. :D

When I'm dreaming, and I slowly start to realize it's a dream, I instantly wake up.

Does this happen to anyone else?
yeah but I get the sensation that it's lucid, and then I get over-excited and it all crumbles around me. You have to stay calm and focussed.

yeah but I get the sensation that it's lucid, and then I get over-excited and it all crumbles around me. You have to stay calm and focussed.

yeah, i just read on dreamviews that part of the process of obtaining lucidity is to stay calm and relax. otherwise, you'll wake up :[

Sadly, I stopped dreaming with any real regularity some time ago :(

-Angry Lawyer

you dream 3-5 times a night... everynight. anyone who says they can't dream are simply ignorant about dreaming. You dream every single REM cycle. you have a REM cycle every 90minutes. If you say you don't dream it means you simply can't remember your dreams...

soon as you know your lucid, take some deep breathes, rub your hands together, spin. Do this for 10 seconds- Then study your surroundings. Seeing, smelling, tasting, feeling all of your surroundings for 20 seconds. Then be on your way- your LD will last 10X longer.

If it is true that we do dream 3-5 times a night, wouldn't the mind be overly exhausted to the point of decreasing mind efficiency during the day?

"If it is true" - thats like me saying "If gravity is true..." Its scientifically proven...

Who said dreaming makes you exhausted? Dreaming occurs on the REM cycle, which occurs every 90 minutes. Without REM cycle you would literally go insane. the REM cycle is the most important part of sleeping. REM is the cycle that will rejuvinate you and make you feel rested. If you sleept for less than 90 minutes every night it would be equivalent of getting 0 sleep

During a typical life-span a human spends about six years dreaming[4] (which is about 2 hours each night[5]).

thats a wiki quote with sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

dreamviews said:
Everyone dreams every night, regardless of what some may say. Those who claim that they don’t dream simply don’t remember their dreams. Some people naturally remember their dreams; many of us, however, lose our ability to recall our dreams as we grow older due to the relentless stress and concerns of our every day lives.

lol, my biology teacher said that excessive dreaming would exhaust you.

wiki - 1
biology teacher - 0

Back