i got 2 questions

Houndini

Reaction score
im just intrested

1 - why are most games released on console first

2 - why was crytek able to come up with such good graphics and is there any reason they didn't release it on console.

im just intrested

1 - why are most games released on console first

Console hardware is standarized and therefor requires a bit less testing. This is usually only the case for games developed primarly for the console however.

2 - why was crytek able to come up with such good graphics and is there any reason they didn't release it on console.

They used DirectX10, the latest in PC graphics. No console supports all the features that a DirectX10 card has (to my knowledge).

so your saying, they could use DirectX10 but dont want to because they want it on console to.. dam them!

btw thanks on the input.

HunterSeeker, that's only partially right, all the supposed DX10 exclusive graphical features can be retrieved under WinXP with DX9 with a bit of easy files tweaking.:)

HunterSeeker, that's only partially right, all the supposed DX10 exclusive graphical features can be retrieved under WinXP with DX9 with a bit of easy files tweaking.:)
No, some features are still Dx10 exclusive.

1) Two reasons, AFAIK. One is that consoles require less testing time. Also, if a game releases first on PC or even simultaneously, piracy would eat into the first week's sales.

2) PC games have always had better graphics, physics and gameplay, on average. Consoles are basically high-end PCs with all the gaming unrelated features cut out. That's why they lag technologically within just a year of launch. That's why they are cheaper too.

wow, console is falling behind.

No, consoles have always been slightly behind. But you can't get the quality you pay for a console in a PC for the same price. That extra power that a PC has has a premium on it. And it's damned expensive.

Consoles aren't "falling", they'll catch up again with the next ones. They'll keep doing that. Crysis was a one off because it basically took gaming right to the edge. Not many games do that, so consoles are fine where they are.

Consoles are superior in terms of price, but their games do cost more. The biggest difference between PC and console is that PC has much more potential, as it can easily be upgraded.

Watch out Druckles, you'll soon be flamed by unnamed PC fanboys hanging in this forum!!

Consoles are superior in terms of price, but their games do cost more. The biggest difference between PC and console is that PC has much more potential, as it can easily be upgraded.
Not true. Keep your current monitor/case/basics of your PC and you could easily buy parts that outperform the 360 for a similar if not cheaper price.

No, consoles have always been slightly behind.
I agree with everything else you said, but this is far from the truth. When the Xbox 360 came out, its games had better graphics than any released PC title at the time. PC games simply weren't optimized enough to allow PCs to offer comparable or better performance than an Xbox 360. Remember, this was back in late 2005, when the best cards we had were 7900GTs and x1900XTs.

High-end consoles (Wii excluded) are almost invariably better for gaming than any PC on the day of release. And six months later, consoles are almost invariably overtaken by PCs in terms of practical performance.

High-end consoles (Wii excluded) are almost invariably better for gaming than any PC on the day of release. And six months later, consoles are almost invariably overtaken by PCs in terms of practical performance.

That is generally the case yes, although I think the graphics quality is closer to "similar" then better when new consoles are released.

Not true. Keep your current monitor/case/basics of your PC and you could easily buy parts that outperform the 360 for a similar if not cheaper price.

But you can't do that. That's like saying "Oh, just keep your games from the XBox, and you'll soon have more games for your 360 than PC". I'm referring to buying it from scratch. If you don't already have a PC, then purchasing a gaming PC will be alot more expensive. What you stated agreed with me (except the words "Not true."), the parts are the potential that your computer has. In the future, your computer might turn out cheaper, because you wouldn't need to replace the case and the peripherals (quite as much).

I agree with everything else you said, but this is far from the truth. When the Xbox 360 came out, its games had better graphics than any released PC title at the time. PC games simply weren't optimized enough to allow PCs to offer comparable or better performance than an Xbox 360. Remember, this was back in late 2005, when the best cards we had were 7900GTs and x1900XTs.

I'm talking about the consoles themselves, not the games. You could purchase quad cores back in 2006, which have more cores than the 360 has. The games weren't anywhere near quite as advanced, or shiny, but your top-of-the-range, state-of-the-art PC could out perform your 360, back then, mainly because any parts that are used in a console, you can buy for PC.

On the day of release, what few games a console will have, will of course be better than a PC, but only because they have to last quite a few years.

But you can't do that. That's like saying "Oh, just keep your games from the XBox, and you'll soon have more games for your 360 than PC". I'm referring to buying it from scratch. If you don't already have a PC, then purchasing a gaming PC will be alot more expensive. What you stated agreed with me (except the words "Not true."), the parts are the potential that your computer has. In the future, your computer might turn out cheaper, because you wouldn't need to replace the case and the peripherals (quite as much).

If you cannot factor in money saved for using older parts when building a PC, you cannot factor in money saved for not purshasing a good TV at the same time you buy an Xbox360.

yeah, i use to be a xbox fan (i still played some PC games, just not as much), i use to play xbox and halo with friends, then when 360 was going to be released i couldn't be botherd with it so i just got a whole new computer.

best thing i ever did

Back