I Got HL for PS2!

[RE]Leon

Reaction score
Yay!

And I bought it at a GameStop. What a find.

Anyway, I don't have my PS2 with me, but can someone tell me if my PC USB controller will work? It says USB mice and keyboards will work, but IDK.

Also, can't wait for Decay. Sounds fun.

If you mean a PC USB gamepad then no. The PS2 can be very picky when it comes to USB Mice and Keyboards as they tend to like only the Sony version. It might work aslong and your mice and keyboard connect directly into the PS2. If they are wireless and connect to the PC though a reciever then probably not. You should have just bought the PC version off Steam, it's cheap and mice and keyboards defiantly work. Also then you could get the Half-Life expansion packs.

My account is in the process of being re-enabled.
Plus, I don't want the PC one. PS2 has better graphics.

And before you say "Half-Life: Source"

No. NONONONONO.

Me like the original.

also, Decay ftw

PC version with the High Definition pack looks just as good as the PS2 version.
You may be getting Decay, but you are missing out on Opposing Force and Blue Shift, both are better than Decay.

Well, I can buy those separately. Doesn't really matter to me.

I bought HL2 for the xbox, since I just wanted to play.
I totally blanked out at the store and the guy was like 'uhhh... this game is M, is your mom here?'
I was like ohshi-

You think that's bad, i went to buy Pokemon for my little sister, and the lady asked me for ID or my parents and i'm 20. Needless to say i was gobsmacked wondering why, but she would not sell to me untill the manager came.

thats ridiculous!?

ps2 have better graphics then pc!? how old is this thread?!

i mean come on.. the ps2 runs specs close to that of my 5 year old rig i let friends kill time at youtube on.

half life for pc will look nicer because of one simple thing.. it can run at much higher resolutions then that of the ps2 copy.

the only reason i would get half life for any console would simply just be to collect it. was thinking about getting orange box for ps3 just to say i have it.

To be fair he did say that Half-Life on the PS2 had better graphics than the PC version, not PS2 graphics compared to PC in general. The PS2 version does have better textures and better models, so it's better than the PC version without the High Resolution pack. Playing Half-Life in high resolution doesn't really make that much of a difference cause it graphics simply wasn't designed for high resolution.

TBH, theres nothing funnier than seeing a high-def scientists face with papers flying everywhere running from a headcrab.

You think that's bad, i went to buy Pokemon for my little sister, and the lady asked me for ID or my parents and i'm 20. Needless to say i was gobsmacked wondering why, but she would not sell to me untill the manager came.

I once got ID'd to buy a PC gamer mag...

Some areas in the PS2 version is also differently designed compared to the PC version. Probably one of the more obvious and famous is the expanded Hazard Course.

The game looks better than the PC version even with HD models. And i dont seem to remember the expanded hazard course , care to tell me whats different? But i agree , overall the PC version is better.

Serisly what the eff?

WTF?! as far as i remember my hazard course was exactly the same as the PC version.

Edit : nm i just remembered it :p

Back