I have older, pre-steam copies of TFC, HL, CS etc. How do I transfer them into Steam?

Soundwave

Reaction score
is there anyway to do this? surely they dont make you re-buy those games to play them on steam right, if i remember correctly people used to do with 3rd party mods by just moving files around. can that still be done? if so, what specifically do i need to do? thanks

yeah i ended up figuring it out right after i posted the topic, happens a lot with me..

another question though if anyone else reads this, i put the serials into steam but it said they are already being used, and they are being used on my steam account afterall. what i was wondering now is, if i had to computers together on a wireless network, am i allowed to have both computers running my single steam account so i can play head to head with someone on the other computer in the network? or would that get my steam account banned?

Within the network it may work, I doubt it though. You wont get banned. At the most you just wouldnt be able to log in on the second computer. Give it a try.

Back