I just find this funny...

The home of the White House... the capital of the nation. Beautiful.

Because logic leads you to think that the capital of the nation would lean strongly towards the president, and it's the absolute opposite.

Hapless said:
why?
10char

The District of Columbia voting agaisnt the President... I still don't understand how can Republicans say they're "informed" if all D.C., New York LA, and most major populacional centers, where I'd say there's more information awareness and less propaganda base opinions, Democrats hold strong.

And also, the city itself doesn't likes the President. And they live right next door...

umop said:
The home of the White House... the capital of the nation. Beautiful.

Yeah, it's beautiful. Seconded.

Sprafa said:
The District of Columbia voting agaisnt the President... I still don't understand how can Republicans say they're "informed" if all D.C., New York LA, and most major populacional centers, where I'd say there's more information awareness and less propaganda base opinions, Democrats hold strong.

And also, the city itself doesn't likes the President. And they live right next door...

You obviously have a fundamental misunderstanding of D.C. and it's demographics. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's traditionally gone Democratic.

Hapless said:
You obviously have a fundamental misunderstanding of D.C. and it's demographics. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's traditionally gone Democratic.

why and how ?

African-Americans are the majority (60%) in D.C. for starters. As everyone and their brother knows, African-Americans vote Democrat overwhelmingly. Almost half the population of D.C is low-income as well.

On average, hispanics bring in less income than blacks, and hispanics vote about twice as much for Bush (or the republican party for that) as blacks do. This has nothing to do with D.C. but some things just don't make sense.

umop said:
On average, hispanics bring in less income than blacks, and hispanics vote about twice as much for Bush (or the republican party for that) as blacks do. This has nothing to do with D.C. but some things just don't make sense.

The Democratic Party has a long history of lying to and pandering to African-Americans. In all these years, the Democrats have done nothing to help African-Americans, and have actually kept them down and dependent on the government. One of these days, African-Americans will wake up.

Hapless said:
The Democratic Party has a long history of lying to and pandering to African-Americans. In all these years, the Democrats have done nothing to help African-Americans, and have actually kept them down and dependent on the government. One of these days, African-Americans will wake up.

And vote Republican, who don't even promise fake promises but just blatantly take'em down ?

Sprafa said:
And vote Republican, who don't even promise fake promises but just blatantly take'em down ?

What the hell are you talking about? You live in Portugal. Do you even KNOW an African-American?

Back