I just watched the review of Halo 2 from gamespot and.....

dream431ca

Reaction score
THANK GOD FOR HL2!! :bounce:

If you watch the review..you will see that Halo 2 is just like Halo 1 in many ways..that's why HL2 is going to smash Halo 2 into the ground. Watch it and see for your self.

I could point out that Halo 2 is getting higher rating than Half-Life 2, but you are too much of a fanboy to care.

Half-Life 2 wil pwn it of course, because of all the mods. If HL2 came packaged w/ its own MP other than CS:S, it would get over 10.0/10.0. I'm assuming gamepsy will give it 5/5, ign 9.7/10, gamepsot 9.5/10 cuz they have low bandwith and r ghey :E

Roffle. You act like there's something wrong with the original Halo. Hahahahhaa

Eon Blue said:
There's something wrong with the original Halo.

I actually downloaded the pirated Halo, played for about half an hour and unistalled it. A boring, uggly piece of console-imported crap, or atleast that's the impression I got of it. The "You lame-ass! The game only gets better after you get to know it!" -flame won't work, for me the first impression is everything. With reviews saying Halo2 is much like the original there's no fear my bandwidth's going to be wasted on it, not to mention my money..

Muhwi said:
I actually downloaded the pirated Halo, played for about half an hour and unistalled it. A boring, uggly piece of console-imported crap, or atleast that's the impression I got of it. The "You lame-ass! The game only gets better after you get to know it!" -flame won't work, for me the first impression is everything. With reviews saying Halo2 is much like the original there's no fear my bandwidth's going to be wasted on it, not to mention my money..
Well... its meant to be played on the Xbox. The PC port came 3 years later with basically no changes. Its a console game and its one of the best to sit down and play with a few friends.

Shut up, Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 will both be awesome. I know I'll be picking up Halo when it comes out for PC.

Muhwi said:
I actually downloaded the pirated Halo, played for about half an hour

Congratulations on openly admitting you violated a copyright law! Hopefully, if Microsoft sues you, you won't be fined too heavily!
Have a nice day.

that 17 minute video review is really great video game reporting. I recommend that everyone watch it. It covers everything, and he backs up every assertion with examples.

It looks like a great game. Maybe not perfect, but i don't expect that from any game. Not even HL2.

Foxtrot said:
I could point out that Halo 2 is getting higher rating than Half-Life 2, but you are too much of a fanboy to care.

Could you point out to me where Halo 2 got higher reviews rating than Half-life 2 other than in the Game Informer magazine?

I'm not a fanboy and i care. :)

how is it the same as #1 ?

if halo2 is the same as halo1, than hl2 is the same as hl1.

halo2 will be more sucessful whether you liek it or not. it has millions of preorders in usa alone and is set to break all sorts of blockbuster records etc.

of course, your fanboy ignorance will tell you that i'm wrong and ignore all the facts etc.

Who cares?

The Halo/xbox people can play their game, we'll play ours.

Foxtrot said:

I can point out that the single player campian (that is what everybody wants for HL2) is only 10 hours on Halo 2 (or less if you rush through it.) But I'll try Halo 2 on legendary and see how long it takes..I really enjoyed Halo 1 on legendary cause it was so challenging and spectacular. The reason why Halo 2 is getting a Higher rating is because it is a CONSOLE GAME! NOT MANY CONSOLE GAMES CAN DO WHAT HALO 1 and 2 DID!! ESPECIALLY MULTIPLAYER!! But on the PC, you can do almost anything because you don't have the restrictions a console would have. But overall Half-life 2 will be a far better game, in terms of gameplay and graphics. If you watched the review for halo 2, gamespot points out that the graphics are not as good as everyone was saying it would be, Especially the cutscenes. That's why I think HL2 will kill Halo 2 (at least for me) :p

ill just wait for halo 2 on pc, and maybe borrow my friends xbox and halo 2 for a weekend or something.

I'm seriosuly ****ing sick of this shit, both games will be awsome, all of you HL2 fanboys just can't admit that there are other good games out there.

destrukt said:
if halo2 is the same as halo1, than hl2 is the same as hl1.

Call me a fanboy, but i really don't agree with that.

Halo 1 & 2 have the same gameplay and the same graphics. Even the gamespot reviewer said Halo 2 was pretty much the same as Halo 1.

If you make the comparison between Half-life 1 & 2, Hl2 seems (because i haven't played it yet) to have way better graphics, a different gameplay, physics, other characters/aliens/robots..etc.

I have seen a HL2 (edit: Halo 2 of course :)) gameplay movie on GameKings (that's a Dutch tv show about games) and the action looks all standard to me, I didn't had a woow moment, and I really don't see why people are so excited about this. I've played Halo 1 on the pc and I liked it but Halo 2 seems too much of the same. I think if it comes out on PC it will be a good game and maybe I will buy it but now it's hyped a lot too much. Only a few games deserve such a big hype (and one of them will be ours at 16 Nov ;)). It just looks like a standard game but that's my opinion.

I wish Admins would warn people for posting Halo2 threads in this section, it just starts flaming . i think they should be warned once and the thread moved.

If they do it again then temporary ban and close the thread

Chiefi said:

Halo 1 & 2 have the same gameplay and the same graphics. Even the gamespot reviewer said Halo 2 was pretty much the same as Halo 1.
No he said many of underlying components are the same. As an experience it's a whole lot better.

Spiffae said:
that 17 minute video review is really great video game reporting. I recommend that everyone watch it. It covers everything, and he backs up every assertion with examples.

It looks like a great game. Maybe not perfect, but i don't expect that from any game. Not even HL2.

Link?

Im at the gamespy review, and i dont see a video review

subtlesnake said:
No he said many of underlying components are the same. As an experience it's a whole lot better.

From what i remember, he said Halo 2 overall, wasn't as good as Halo 1. I'll watch the review video again. Maybe i'm wrong.

And my point was that, Halo 2 is much more of the same to Halo 1 than Half-life 2 is to Half-life 1.

I propose all the people who start threads that even mentioan Halo 2 get warned then banned.

Im sick of these fecking threads

"omg halo 2 is shit"
"halo is teh dogz big ones"
"hl2 vs. halo"

You NEVER solve anything when you argue with fanboys about games... EVER.

Life isn't Half-life. Play both or chose one. If you have to compare, talk about the good things your game of choise has. If you see you have nothing to say in that aspect, do the easy and unglorious thing: flame the other game.

The only thing that would make Halo 2 interesting would be if coop was included... which i am not sure if it will be in the pc version

Eon Blue said:
Roffle. You act like there's something wrong with the original Halo. Hahahahhaa

There is. :|

wow, for the really big minuses (poor story parts, failure to fix original problems) they gave it a 9.4? what the hell?

Icarusintel said:
wow, for the really big minuses (poor story parts, failure to fix original problems) they gave it a 9.4? what the hell?
Actually he said, with all those minuses, its the gameplay that matters, after all.

dream431ca said:

If you watch the review..you will see that Halo 2 is just like Halo 1 in many ways..that's why HL2 is going to smash Halo 2 into the ground. Watch it and see for your self.

Well, I've just read it, but I don't get it why, after all being said in the review it still got 9.4? They actually said that it's quite the same thing as Halo 1. Then I took a look at Halo 1 and it got 9.7! I wonder if those reviewers have ever played PC games...

Heh, the user score is 7.6 :E (Doom3 story again?)

I dont even think they take anything into account.

John plays Halo2 from start to finish.

John> ..So what do'ya reckon Bob?...It had good gameplay...like Halo1 though. Infact Bob, it was almost the same as Halo1 but ehhh its only a sequel init. Actually...the whole SP was shit Bob....94% then??? Bob? 94%?!!

Bob> Yeah, Whatever Garry. *slobs back into chair and continues day dreaming*

Pfft, of course. Of all the good reviews this game is getting, some people take one of the lowest scores and say: "This one! This one is the most accurate!". Before, people we're going on about how they we're waiting for Gamespy's review and how Gamespy is the fairest reviewer of them all. Now that Gamespy gave it a 5/5, people are turning to Gamespot. People will believe whatever they want I suppose, myself included.

that guy in the review just keep contradicting himself, he said the ennemies and vehicles are similar to the one in halo 1 and the single player compaigne isn't even as good as the halo 1, the level designe and maps are repeatitive, the story is a bit off with some political stuff, halo fans would not like it etc. U can't even play coop on xbox alive, u can only play it on the same console. the cut scene graphics are urgly, and the in-game graphics isn't that good neither, etc. Yes, and yes, he said all that stuff in the review video, and there are more negative points that he has mentionned, but i don't remember no more.

Man if what he say is true and he know what he is saying, he shouldn't even give 9,4 to halo2, that guy is either a ****ing idiot or a corrupted reviewer who get paid for giving a high score to the game. **** him !!!

now my point of view, halo2's multiplayer isn't even exciting. I enjoy playing css 10 time more than playing halo2 online. ut2004 has gameplay like the one in halo2, so don't say that halo2 has reinvented the online first person shooting genre. i heard some people saying that halo 2 has nearly endless hours of online gameplay, wtf, people who said that definitly have no brain.

dart321 said:
Pfft, of course. Of all the good reviews this game is getting, some people take one of the lowest scores and say: "This one! This one is the most accurate!". Before, people we're going on about how they we're waiting for Gamespy's review and how Gamespy is the fairest reviewer of them all. Now that Gamespy gave it a 5/5, people are turning to Gamespot. People will believe whatever they want I suppose, myself included.
Heheh, certainly. But since I haven't played it I can't really judge. And from what I've read in Gamespot review I would give it 9.0-9.2.

I would very agree with Mr. Journey. I really liked the Gamespot's Doom 3 review though. It really stressed out well the game's problems.

Newbie's Journey said:
that guy in the review just keep contradicting himself, he said the ennemies and vehicles are similar to the one in halo 1 and the single player compaigne isn't even as good as the halo 1, the level designe and maps are repeatitive, the story is a bit off with some political stuff, halo fans would not like it etc. U can't even play coop on xbox alive, u can only play it on the same console. the cut scene graphics are urgly, and the in-game graphics isn't that good neither, etc. Yes, and yes, he said all that stuff in the review video, and there are more negative points that he has mentionned, but i don't remember no more.

Man if what he say is true and he know what he is saying, he shouldn't even give 9,4 to halo2, that guy is either a ****ing idiot or a corrupted reviewer who get paid for giving a high score to the game. **** him !!!

now my point of view, halo2's multiplayer isn't even exciting. I enjoy playing css 10 time more than playing halo2 online. ut2004 has gameplay like the one in halo2, so don't say that halo2 has reinvented the online first person shooting genre. i heard some people saying that halo 2 has nearly endless hours of online gameplay, wtf, people who said that definitly have no brain.

You're not a fanboy at all huh? :) Halo 2's multiplayer is far better than CSS, IMO. I have indeed spent countless hours in multiplayer. It's just fun, pure fun. However, it's my opinion. Why does it offend you so much that alot of people like the games multiplayer?

Chiefi said:

If you make the comparison between Half-life 1 & 2, Hl2 seems (because i haven't played it yet) to have way better graphics, a different gameplay, physics, other characters/aliens/robots..etc.
thats because HL1 came out a LONG time before Halo 1.

That would depend on every player himself. Some like to go tactical, some would like to have pure brainless fun. I prefer to be smart. :E

dream431ca said:

you're an idiot
why must people compare these two games
one is on a console and the other on pc.. nuf said :devil:

A.I. said:
That would depend on every player himself. Some like to go tactical, some would like to have pure brainless fun. I prefer to be smart. :E

Thats the beauty of Halo, it offers both and anything in between.

Foxtrot said:

And you're trying to make out you're not a fanboy? The "ratings" are for one on different platforms, so they're hardly comparable (since most reviewers base their reviews on several factors such as graphics and interactivity, but these are heavily platform dependent) and secondly they're that close that it's impossible to say that one is better than the other when it all comes down to personal preference.

This goes for the thread starter as well, just stop making these threads, if you really want to give your opinion use an existing thread for god's sake, we don't need any more of these.

Back