I need help with replacing skins in source sdk!?

Reaction score
I'm new to this community so I might sound like a newbie. I need to know how I can replace skins textures and sounds on source sdk. Specifically on npcs like zombies and combine soldiers. Is it true that ill have to code a new model by using C++ then insert it into source sdk. I also want to know how I can add some other sounds in source sdk. I really don't know how to code models or anything so can anyone give teach me or direct me to a tutorial plz. Thanks in advance:)

You don't need to do any programming to replace sounds and textures. Which game is this for?

its for halflife 2. so I dont need to use c++ to replace skins? Do you know a program to make new skins for things like walls and npc models? I also want to edit how they look. Like for example it would be really cool if i could take off the headcrab from the zombie head, another example is that I want to make an npc model a tad bigger thjan what it usually is like an enlarged zombie. plz tell me how to do this or direct me somewhere that can teach me how to do this. Thanks in advance : )

You can use VTFEdit to convert images into files that the game will recognize. To replace the skins you put them in an appropriate folder in steamapps/<user>/half-life 2/hl2/materials/models/
If you replaced the zombie skin for example, you'd put your new zombie_classic_sheet.vtf in steamapps/<user>/half-life 2/hl2/materials/models/zombie_classic/
Removing the zombie's headcrab or enlarging the zombie is a bit more involved that just changing the skin though.

Back