I need some help with the game Garry?s mod

B

briansa

I need some help with the game Garry?s mod.

When ever I load a game in single or multiplayer when I go to use the Q menu about 5 seconds of being open the txt gets all corrupted and mixed up. The game locks up and I am forced to Alt Tab out of it, when I alt tab back into the game everything is restored but if I open the Q menu again its repeat process.

More recently the game has bin acting rather weird I have no mod?s installed what so ever only Gmod Basic with CS:S and HL:2. I load up the game to get the main menu when I click on options or anything of that fact the screen goes black and the game Crash?s.
I have bin told this is a Video Card Driver or Direct-X Error witch I strongly dough.
I have uninstalled steam along with Gmod HL2 CS:S and Deleted the remainder files in the steam Dir. Fallowed by a Reboot then a Reinstall of all 3 again. 4 hours later after the direct net install I prepare to load up the game for the first time only to get (repeat process) Locks and crash?s. I have reinstalled Direct X 9c updated my Video Drivers nothing has an effect on this. I have also tried lowering the resolution on the game with no effect. I have also use the following target line (-window +mat_forcehardwaresync 0) to load the game in window with no effect.

The game worked 2 days ago at 11:00pm est. I turn the computer off for the night and start it back up in the morning to my surprise this problem occurs. I have spent a day and a half working on this with no luck. I am out of Ideas on what to do next.

Here are my Computer specs to help you know what I am working with.
2x Ram Kinston 2.0Gig 800mh,
AMD Athlon 64 bit x2 Duel core live edt. 4.4Gig.
2x BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mg SLI (1280mb)
Windows XP 64bit Pro

Any help on this will be very much appreciated thank you.

I ran the Tool thank you for that.

It says My Video Drivers Failed! and are outdated please click here for updated versions,,, ect.

Point is I have the newest versions todate right now. the only thing i can do is downgrade them witch is a bitch. Alot of un needed work for somthing that did'nt work with the original dirvers in the first place.

Everything else is a pass's

Well atleast I have an idea on whats doing it now. I can focus more on one thing then the hole thing.

I just dont understand why it would have this problem in the first place. Two nearly state of the art GPU's and I'm having problems.

Anyway Thank You.

Back