I never figured out this (Highway 17/Sandtraps puzzle) though I found a way around it

G

Goethe

I don't remember if it was in Highway 17 or Sandtraps where you reach a point where there is a wall in the middle of the road that you need to lift in order to continue. There is a cable that goes from this door/wall to a house on the left side of the street. Inside the house there are 3 switches. I clicked these 3 switches and I couldn't open the door.

The way I got around this problem was making a ramp and jumping off of it with the buggie, or throwing the buggie to the other side of the wall with the manipulator. I am not sure how we are supposed to open this door. Any help? tx

Your supposed to power them up with car batteries. One on the bed, one in the car etc.

i wonder why a car battery would be on the bed ...

on second thought, i don't wanna know.

I dunno why so many people had trouble with this puzzle. it took me three seconds to figure out that I needed some car batteries, and another twenty on top of that to check under the hood of a car for one.

For extra puzzling, try to find the secret rebel ammo cache in that area. :p

thanks a lot guys!

You see I was able to throw the buggie to the other side so I never gave this puzzle much thought, until today, when I said to myself: this is cheating, there has to be a way to open this gate :)

Haha, i couldnt figure it out, i grav gunned my buggy through the gap the combine made :p

yeah i didn't figure that one out.. i spent like 30 minutes trying to get it and eventually i just drove my buggy around some rocks with the help of the manipulator

i found the one under the bathtub by chance. It was just their in front of me so i shot it with grav gun and there it was :p

Shooting thr buggy over with grav gun isn't cheating, it's just another way to get the buggy through :p

I tried to cheat the gate at first, by driving and turbo-ing through the left, but the bathtub got in the way. In anger I threw it away with the gravity gun, exposing the battery. Once inside the house, I realized I needed three to unlock the gate.

Mechagodzilla said:
I dunno why so many people had trouble with this puzzle. it took me three seconds to figure out that I needed some car batteries, and another twenty on top of that to check under the hood of a car for one.

For extra puzzling, try to find the secret rebel ammo cache in that area. :p

where is it? I've searched everywhere.

yeah where is the ammo cache? also is there a list on the net of all the rebel caches?

lmao, what did is i just hopped over the broken fence on foot and just ran the rest of the way :E

I remember reading that someone built a ramp, so the next time I came to that part I decided to try it......did a backflip and landed on all four tires

Freekin' Sweet

First time I did that puzzle I picked up two car batteries and placed them in, and put the metal spanner over the contacts for the third battery space to complete the circuit. Even for all HL2's interactivity, I thought I might be pushing it. Indeed, I had to yank the final battery out of the car. Would have been seriously awesome if you could use fewer batteries and metal objects to do it though.

And some people say that HL2 is linear. Well it may be a bit but what people have shown here is different ways of experiencing the game and that is what I love avout HL2. You don't experience the game the same way every time you play it as you can find shortcuts or secrets or alternative ways to do things. :D

Hmm... its from Highway 17. Anyway, you can also leave the car and continue on foot.

The Cache is inside the buiding where you place the batteries :p

Back