i talked to a ati rep at game stars live,and got a good date on hl2.

I'm sick of waiting and seeing. I heard rumour Chris_D is capable of temporal manipulation? Can you please travel forward in time and bring me back some hard evidence?

And don't tell me it can't be done. I want results!

Anyway, one would think the CS:S beta would have to finish this week for this ATI reps word to hold true. I won't get my hopes up, in fact i'll enslave them deep within the confines of my conciousness.

ce

You know, usually by this close to a game's (supposed) release, the contents of the box are usually worked out. The fact that Valve has yet to even announce what comes in the CE is just ridiculous. I'd like to preorder, but when they can't even tell me what's in the box...no way. Wit hthe time they've spent on the game, you'd think that the marketing dept. and the Valve team would've decided that by now. It bothers me that they still answer our emails with, we haven't determined that yet. When are they planning on announcing what's in the CE? The day it comes out?

rbf1138 said:
You know, usually by this close to a game's (supposed) release, the contents of the box are usually worked out. The fact that Valve has yet to even announce what comes in the CE is just ridiculous. I'd like to preorder, but when they can't even tell me what's in the box...no way. Wit hthe time they've spent on the game, you'd think that the marketing dept. and the Valve team would've decided that by now. It bothers me that they still answer our emails with, we haven't determined that yet. When are they planning on announcing what's in the CE? The day it comes out?

Would you be at all suprised if they waited til the day it came out to tell you? Knowing Valve, I wouldn't.

It wouldn't be very economical not to tell what the CE contains. How many would take the risk and buy it without knowing what's inside

Chris_D said:
There's way too much spam in this thread.

I know of quite a few people that have heard similar rumours but we'll just have to see. It could indeed just be a rumour or it could be out within the next three weeks. Either way, it's really not that far away. :)

yes way to much spam,people seem to think they are funny,when nearly every single comment i have read is below a 3rd grade mentality.

"oh my dog told me that hl2 is coming out so did my nan" <these kind of comments are thought up and made by idiots with a sad sense of humour,degrading someone for trying to tell you a little bit of info is wrong,next time i shall know NOT to try and get info and if i do i will not be posting it here just to get shot down..

and yes chris it is a very likely date,but like you say we will have to wait and see

i will also repeat here what i said over at hl2fallout.com

i am just a lazy typer(for all the people who like to take a shot at my grammar),and i dont have to be a reputable source,it was a open event for the public,and during that event which i visited i managed to talk to the ati reps,that is how it was,i can assure you that i have no reason to make this up,i had every last intention of doing this for the community,but yet because of my grammar at 2 am in the morning (which is when i first made that post) i am getting downsized and degraded,all i did was try and help people out by giving them information i had recieved,but i know not to do that from now on.....

i believe you uzi... why7 do you others not?

-merc

i dont know merc,they seem to have a problem with every date that comes towards them,they hold a grudge on valve for something,so now everytime a date even gets mentioned they start saying "there is no way it will make that date blahblahblah"

also do you want that 9800xt? because i can sell it to you tommorrow if you want it

I believe we will see HalfLife2 in stores either 30th of September or perhaps 1st of November.. Beta is about to be closed. _Rumours_ tell it´s gonna be either this friday or next monday..
When that has happened, the RC might be sent to Vivendi at 15th..
I do believe in that theory..

i do NOT want to see it in November... i want it During or before october

I hope its out at the end of the month, that would really be cool. Though any date before november is acceptable to me :)

Oh, and uzi's posts are perfectly readable imo :)

I hope it comes out this year really although 30th Sept would be really good.

i went to valve hq and held a gun to Gabe's head and he told me it will never be released, as a matter of fact it doesnt even exist, its all a conspiracy!
THE GMAN IS WATCHINGGGG!!!!!
OH NOES!

I have not yet bitched or moaned about the game being released, but it is truly starting to get ridiculous. I am starting to get angry with all these delays and whatnot. I want to play this game very bad, but with every day that passes and no concrete release date I am wondering why I ever preordered the game. I may go get my $80 back from EB sometime today.

I wonder when the CS:S beta will end though, since it still has quite some bugs (grenade bugs, reload exploit, floating weapons)

i think if everyone just expects the game to come out then and sends unanimous death threats if it doesn't we'll have hl2 and about 50 dead game makers or just 50 dead game makers (over work to get it done, or the death threat thingy :p) :)

Gaheris said:
I wonder when the CS:S beta will end though, since it still has quite some bugs (grenade bugs, reload exploit, floating weapons)

The sooner the better. I'm ready for the real deal HL2.

Eon Blue said:
24 days to not only print a few hundred thousand copies, but distribute them and have them advertised and such for a sufficient release of one of the most anticipated games in PC history?

I'm sorry, but logistically I don't think it'll happen. I hope so, though.

Wasn't that how long Doom 3 took from GOLD to stores? 3 weeks.

seinfeldrules said:
Nah, August 12, a Thursday.

"POSTED 3:15 p.m., AUG. 11

With "Madden 2005" hitting stores tomorrow"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/040811

riight.

Some of you may be wondering why we're declaring Aug. 10 as National Madden Vacation Day. That's because the game officially ships from our distibution center on the 9th. Some of the big retail chains or merchants in larger markets will have the game as early as Aug. 10th. The official in store date is still Aug. 12th, as that is the day that Madden NFL 2005 will be in stores everywhere across the U.S.

link

sorry dude games are always released on tuesdays. look at doom 3. the date they gave was aug 5, the game was released aug 3. so when hl2 is released on the 28th, make sure you wait till the 30th. :rolling:

neptuneuk said:
i do NOT want to see it in November... i want it During or before october

Im sure they care at Vivindi or Valve that you don't want to see it in November :LOL:

i knew it all the time.. read my posts if u can.. i always said it would be released on a 30 sept... causa last year it would be released on a 30th sept.. the half-life 1 birthday...

I hope to God, Jeebus, Zeus, Buddha, and all the other deities, that HL2 comes out on or before Sept. 30. We should have Sept 15. be Global HL2 Gold Prayer Day, where we all pray that the first RC goes Gold 15 minutes after Viv receives it.

I just don't see how this is possible. Valve said that they are aiming to get an RC to Vivendi on the 15th. It takes some time for Vivendi to approve the RC to go gold. The reproduction and distribution takes about 3 weeks. Even if HL2 went gold today (can't because CS:S beta continues), the end of September is about 3 weeks away so even that would be pushing it. I say October is the earliest we can possibly see it.

Valve has today off of work, correct?

And yes, I don't belive this game could make a sept 30th release date being its september 6th today.

Okay, get this, guys. I was at my local EB Games when I talked to this dude working at the front counter. And then he took a game and started licking the price tag off the box. Then he smacked me for a few times before he pulled down my pants and shoved an anal probe into my rearend. We gave each other the secret handshake and then I walked across the street to buy an ice cream. Two scoops. Cherry and stracciatella.

And that is my amazing non-HL2 related story.

It better not come out 9/30, rather have it come out the day after because that is just an insult to hl2 fans.

Gabe as of last years E3- HL2 will be coming out 9/30/03
Gabe now- HL2 will be coming out 9/30/04

Zeus said:
It better not come out 9/30, rather have it come out the day after because that is just an insult to hl2 fans.

How would it be an insult?? It being released on 9/30/04 wouldn't offend me more than it being released on 10/1/04.

Absinthe said:
Okay, get this, guys. I was at my local EB Games when I talked to this dude working at the front counter. And then he took a game and started licking the price tag off the box. Then he smacked me for a few times before he pulled down my pants and shoved an anal probe into my rearend. We gave each other the secret handshake and then I walked across the street to buy an ice cream. Two scoops. Cherry and stracciatella.

And that is my amazing non-HL2 related story.

Hey you're in a frat too??

I hope it comes out 9/30. Sweet October break begins a day afterwards, and I'll have weeks to sink my teeth into this baby.

That is... if I'm not out drinking myself into a stupor.

Shit. The decisions you have to make over holidays...

Zeus said:

I think it would be hilarous if it releases on 9/30. Please don't act like you're suffering from a trauma after last year :LOL:
I think it would be a good stunt, I can see the magazine adds now "HALF-LIFE 2: 9/30/04, yeah we're sure this time" :D

somehow it tells me we will see more of hl:source , and then an announcement : '' uhm sorry folks , but hl:s isnt flawless yet''

so we go like.... awwwwwwwww........and all buy sims2;)
no.. i think they wont go gold soon , not enough propaganda for such achievement of VALVE yet... when that happens they will act like the game has never been delayed and wont feel pitty for everyone that was told it should be released in 03'.. :LOL:

Eon Blue said:
24 days to not only print a few hundred thousand copies, but distribute them and have them advertised and such for a sufficient release of one of the most anticipated games in PC history?

I'm sorry, but logistically I don't think it'll happen. I hope so, though.
They could easily get the number of CDs printed in that time frame. As for advertising, do you really think they need it? All they would have to do is quietly release a simple press release to a few of the larger websites saying, "Half-Life 2 has gone gold and will be available for purchase on such-and-such a day" and they'll break a million copies sold in the first week, easily. If there's one thing Valve doesn't have to worry about it's exposure.

I bet HL2 is still coming out right before christmas. :\

Mountain Man knows it. If valve did a silent release, it would sell millions the next day. It's just a simple fact, the world wants HL2. And I mean the entire, damn, world.

Back