I think it's realy realy good !

Theman2k

Reaction score
Gabe said HL2 is longer then they expected it to be.
I think it's great . HL2 it self was longer then HL1 and now it's like 50+- hours of amazing gameplay !!! Man i can't wait !!!!!! :D

Theman2k said:
I think it's great . HL2 it self was longer then HL1 and now it's like 50+- hours of amazing gameplay !!! Man i can't wait !!!!!! :D

He said longer than expected. NOT exactly how much longer.

Knowing valve that could just be a up from 36 hours to 37 hours. 50 hours in a single player FPS, we've still have to see such a long game...

If HL2 was a rpg, than I'd believe that.

You got that right. We'll be playing for years. :)

Theman2k said:

FF7 was 50 hours ':l

Theman2k said:

Not to mention 1 year as well, so that would roughly be 1Y/50H/30M/21Seconds :rolleyes:

Fatality_ said:

FF7 is a a rpg. RPGs are meant to be long and have different paths.

Heck, Morrowind is like 100+ hours...

Anyway, for a linear graphic-intensive first person shooter, 20+ hours are even great in this age (like Far cry), so imagine a 36 hour long SP campaign!

They didn't. I had a tour of Valve on the 7th and Gabe pointed out that the game was longer than they expected. I let him know I thought this was good.

Jared

The longer the better, i want to be playing this game for at least 3 months on the first couple of times through.

Far Cry was surprising long IMO. I hope the same thing will happen with Half-Life 2. :)

Eat Fresh said:
They didn't. I had a tour of Valve on the 7th and Gabe pointed out that the game was longer than they expected. I let him know I thought this was good.

Jared

Valve has said that the game is divided into 12 chapters, each 3 to 4 hours long. Also he said his dad playtested it and took him 60 hours to finish, although Gabe's dad sucks!

...at Half-life 2, of course ;)

lans said:
Valve has said that the game is divided into 12 chapters, each 3 to 4 hours long. Also he said his dad playtested it and took him 60 hours to finish, although Gabe's dad sucks!

...at Half-life 2, of course ;)
When a gamemagazine from Belgium went to Seattle, Gabe said the same thing.
Then the reporter tried to make Gabe give him HL2 or he would tell Gabe's dad "Your son said you suck big time" :D

But unfortunately it failed :(

:x With the release date pointed around Fall, the game also offers about 30+ hours of gameplay... it's going to take me like couple months to beat! :( Have fun playing it all day, while I will be studying dreaming about Half Life 2.

Fatality_ said:

37 if you just play. 100+ if you want all to become MASTER and kill all WEAPONS.

Gabe said something like: "you can walk around in city 17 for hours just enjoying the city", right?

Well, guss that's down to about 20 hours of straigh action. it is a bit extreme if the game has 36 hours of constant play, unless it's the MGS method, go ALL the way back, to get a PSG-1 og freeze a card, og get another PSG-1 (MGS2)...

Personaly, I love long games. Espacialy games that you have been waiting years to play.

FF7 took me 42 hours.
HL probably took me around 30 hours... then again I was taking my time.

I doubt I will beat HL2 in 37 hours. I'm going to enjoy the game the first time around.

Gunman Chronicles infamously boasted 30+ hours of gaming time; I suppose it did, if you include playing through on every difficulty level at least three times and playing every multiplayer map for an hour. It may have been short but I enjoyed it.

I just hope Gabe and co. are referring to genuine, no-catch game time. A true day-plus FPS game, that also happens to be Half-Life's sequel...

*retreats into the back room to make some disturbing noises*

I'm sure intense dedicated fans will play through the game slowly admiring all of the details and the world within the game. What's even more awesome about that is after you beat it the first time you can go back and replay the whole entire game on normal mode again, or even hard, just to experience different situations. (who plays any game on easy, anyways...)

Edcrab said:
Gunman Chronicles infamously boasted 30+ hours of gaming time; I suppose it did, if you include playing through on every difficulty level at least three times and playing every multiplayer map for an hour. It may have been short but I enjoyed it.

I just hope Gabe and co. are referring to genuine, no-catch game time. A true day-plus FPS game, that also happens to be Half-Life's sequel...

*retreats into the back room to make some disturbing noises*

Half-life was pretty long for me - just the core SP. About 27 hours, and that's coming from a man who loves to finish his games fast!

Many critics agree that it is longer than most average modern-day shooters.

lans said:
He said longer than expected. NOT exactly how much longer.

Knowing valve that could just be a up from 36 hours to 37 hours. 50 hours in a single player FPS, we've still have to see such a long game...

If HL2 was a rpg, than I'd believe that.
Half-Life 2 IS an RPG...break it down. Role-Playing Game. YOU are Gordon Freeman. :afro:

nah, HL1 was a breeze... it was only about 45 minutes for some..

I love it in games where the story is amazing and you don't want it to end, then when you think it finally is ending something happens and you realize you still have a long way to go before the game is finally finished. I love that feeling so much and I hope HL2 gives me that.

/me goes giddy at the thought

I'm expecting Half-life 2 to last me more than 50 hours because I'm gonna probably stay in one room for hours just shooting things and see what I can do with everything I see. :smoking:

The Mullinator said:
I love it in games where the story is amazing and you don't want it to end, then when you think it finally is ending something happens and you realize you still have a long way to go before the game is finally finished. I love that feeling so much and I hope HL2 gives me that.

* The Mullinator goes giddy at the thought

*remembers that one special cutscene in KOTOR

Back