If HL2 were leaked ... Would you play it???

If Half Life 2 were leaked, would you play it???

• HELL YESS!!! I could not take the suffering!!

Votes: 126 39.0%
  • HELL NO!!! I'm a law abiding citizen!!!

Votes: 131 40.6%
  • Maybe, just a smidge ...

Votes: 66 20.4%

• Total voters
no no no no no no. I don't trust those warez barsteds anyway, probably chuck in afew viruses while they're at it.

Where's the "No, I don't want to download 2gb a second time" option? ;)

(J/K)

I'd download and play a leak of the full version in the blink of an eye.

I fully intend to download a warez version of HL2, provided it is released at least a couple days before the retail release date. Valve will be getting my money when DoD:S is released anyways.

HELL NO!!! I'm a law abiding citizen!!!

Nope. I just like to play games that I know I have. Like getting the retail, because you have the box so you know you have it. :)

Ownzed said:
Nope. I just like to play games that I know I have. Like getting the retail, because you have the box so you know you have it. :)

exactly ... i dont dl stuff from steam ... except for patches of course

HELL YEA I WOULD.

If it got released tomorrow.. i would download it as fast as i could. Hell.. i already paid for the game anyway! SO what if i get it a little earlier than most people?

Well I already paid for the game so I don't think it would be that bad.

Oh, not sure if this was mentioned but everyone who says they would play it is banned...

:p

Farrowlesparrow said:
Oh, not sure if this was mentioned but everyone who says they would play it is banned...:p
Did I say I would? What I meant to say was,...

a **** it. I'd play it. :p

I wouldn't in the least, and I'll knife you if you don't agree.

Knifey, Knifey!!!!

sure. Valve deserves to lose as much as possible for not including multiplayer and writing steam.

Yep without a second though. I have paid for it so to me it does not feel even remotely wrong.

I downloaded Doom 3 while waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. Did not ruin my enjoyment of it (yes I liked it) and there is no way I could resist HL2

Koldfire said:
sure. Valve deserves to lose as much as possible for not including multiplayer and writing steam.
Now this is the attitude I think we can all agree is despicable.

Yes, I would.

And I highly doubt you people who say you wouldn't play it would avoid having a go if one of your friends at school came up to you and bragged about how awesome it is.

no no no no no no. I don't trust those warez barsteds anyway, probably chuck in afew viruses while they're at it.

HL2 is the one game I swore I wouldn't get a warez copy of before I bought it.

Literally EVERY game on my HDD I downloaded before I bought it - think of it as a demo.

But in all of them, I've never once recieved a virus.

But that's not my point. I have too much respect for HL2. In my opinion, the hype will be worth it. I can wait.

Besides, every 2 weeks is one more paycheck closer to a 6800GT. Damn minimum wage.

Zento said:
if one of your friends at school came up to you and bragged about how awesome it is.
FYI, we're not all kids ;)

But there is a point. Its easy to say you'd resist temptation,. much harder in the company of those who dont.

would it really be wrong since i already bought the silver package? Its not like im screwing them over on a sale or anything.

I already gave Valve all the money they'll be getting from me for a while. I payed for it... I would do it...but I doubt it will get leaked any more than a few days before release.

AmishSlayer said:
I doubt it will get leaked any more than a few days before release.
This is a good point. If the release were imminent, I wouldn't bother. Really I would only do it if VUg held on to it after Gold.

Maybe. It depends on how terribly bored I am at the time it gets leaked. :(

i'd download and play it if it was 100% complete. i'm sick of wiating this bloody long just for stupid vivendi to have their view over the RC. of course when it'd come out i'd buy it, because i want a shiny box and multiplayer capabilities

No, but if it was unequivocably a perfect copy, I would make sure Valve got hold of a copy to give to VUG as the final gold master.

I know I would be tempted but if it was a 'perfect copy' then it would be shortly available through steam of which I've already paid for. So it wouldn't be worth the hassle for a few more days of waiting. I'm hoping the the copy protection on this game is going to be better than that of CS:Source which already has a crack out to play online. Maybe that's what is taking them so long?

f|uke said:
Now this is the attitude I think we can all agree is despicable.
Indeedy.
And yes, I'd play a leaked complete version in a second. Valve has over $100 of my money for the gold edition -with shipping and taxes- , so I'm sure they wouldn't be too bothered. And even if I hadn't already bought it I would still dload the leak, but still buy the complete game on release.

I've already bought the Silver package, so I'm now curious about the moral implications of playing a leaked version. Surely the fact that Valve already have my money would make it ok?

I don't know...

I've said this countless times before:

Each time you download warez, God kills a programmer! Think of the programmers!

You selfish twats! ;)

They alrady have my money for it, so technically I am allowed to play it... so yes.

And I am sick of this waiting... Why the hell didnt they announce that it was being made last month.

CB | Para said:
I've said this countless times before:

Each time you download warez, God kills a programmer! Think of the programmers!

You selfish twats! ;)

if I didnt listen to the kitten thing, I sure as hell aint listening to this.

At this point in the development, I'd sure as hell download the game and play it until the official version came out in the stores...

Oooops. Forgot there is no MP. In that case, I'd probably wait until it came out and there was an MP mod.

I'd play the leaked copy and not buy the game. I don't plan to buy it anyways.

Seeing as how the release date shouldn't be too far off (fingers crossed on that one), I don't think I would bother. If, however, HL2 was held back a couple more months, I'd download it. But I'd buy it later, just to give money to Valve.

bought it, was promised delivery sept 30th.

would play :)

Back