If you have Comcast BroadBand, consider yourself lucky

I can almost guarantee road runner will upgrade their product
Insightbb on the other hand... NOPE :( (I have insightbb)

Kommie said:
I can almost guarantee road runner will upgrade their product

Insight...never heard of it. maybe your being scammed :O

We just went from 1.5mb to 3mb last year,. and now we're going to 4?

Kickass!

I really use that bandwidth too ;) I leech at 250-350k/s 24/7 (except when I'm playing CSS or HL2DM)

Sh4mp00 said:
Insight...never heard of it. maybe your being scammed :O
It used to be @home, you know the one with the horrible commercials, Until they went bankrupt. (and considering their service it's no shocker)

i wish my isp here in aus would do something like that

Bah...

When the hell are the broadband companies gonna bring out 1gbps connections!?!?!

Hong Kong (and many other countries also) residents already have it.:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041116/hktu009_1.html

America can't even keep up with the rest of the countries in the world in terms of broadband. :(

Well. Time Warner Cable owns Road Runner. It says in that report that they will up their standard service from 3mb to 5mb.

Cox Cable pwns you all, I've had 4 Mbit Cable for a while now (6 months or so). :D

Kommie said:

Your stuck with Insight to?

They have the worst service imaginable. Right outside my house is the hub to our entire neighborhood's cable and it took them almost a year to replace a faulty line ruining everyone's connection.

Tr0n said:
America can't even keep up with the rest of the countries in the world in terms of broadband. :(

Doesn't really matter, there aren't any [or enough] decent servers out there for you to get decent speeds on the majority of things you do.

Also, some of you say your getting 600kb/ps on 3mbits .. well, on standard cable [512kb/ps dl] you get almost 1mb a second. ?

TheAmazingRando said:
Your stuck with Insight to?

They have the worst service imaginable. Right outside my house is the hub to our entire neighborhood's cable and it took them almost a year to replace a faulty line ruining everyone's connection.

Yeah, I especially love how if you call them it's never their fault. I would get these horrible lag spikes that would go on for hours (pings of like 3000 in cs 1.5) These lag spikes went on for a very long time, and everytime I would send emails to them I would get this "it's the site you are downloading from, not us" rehashed 20 different ways.

Tr0n said:
Bah...

When the hell are the broadband companies gonna bring out 1gbps connections!?!?!

Hong Kong (and many other countries also) residents already have it.:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041116/hktu009_1.html

wtf? Im moving to hong kong ;)

BB100 Symmetrical 100Mbps Service for US$35/month..

I have comcast :D!!

I loved the double speed jump, I didnt expect this :D

Kommie said:
Yeah, I especially love how if you call them it's never their fault. I would get these horrible lag spikes that would go on for hours (pings of like 3000 in cs 1.5) These lag spikes went on for a very long time, and everytime I would send emails to them I would get this "it's the site you are downloading from, not us" rehashed 20 different ways.

Oh man, they did the same thing to me too. Even told me that when I had to pay for someone to come out. Ended up that the construction workers next door where putting stress on the line.

destrukt said:
Doesn't really matter, there aren't any [or enough] decent servers out there for you to get decent speeds on the majority of things you do.

Also, some of you say your getting 600kb/ps on 3mbits .. well, on standard cable [512kb/ps dl] you get almost 1mb a second. ?
Thats it tho....if they did start bringing out broadband here that was up to 1gpbs and you only has to pay $50 a month...servers would start hoping on board also and change there connections.

Cause and Effect.

destrukt said:

on a 512kbp connection the fastest speeds you will be able to hold will be about 60kpbs

On a 3 meg connection its about 360kpbs

RR lowered the speed of there basic to make room for premium I swear my dl's never go above 40kbps ever anymore.

Sh4mp00 said:
RR lowered the speed of there basic to make room for premium I swear my dl's never go above 40kbps ever anymore.
Really? my friend has RR and his d/l's were always in the 300k range, His father did work for the company so maybe that has something to do with it.

I have rr(standard i think) and i was just dl'ing 2 different things at over 200 kBps each :D normally i only get up to 300 on one download tho.

I pity your inferior speeds...i for one will get an upgrade from 2mbit to 100mbit full duplex in 10 days, and the best thing is that the 100mbit is actually cheaper than the 2mbit..... mohahaha :D

snak3y3z1001 said:
how much is comcast per month?
Well it depends. There are plenty of offers out there that give you rebates and stuff. My offer was $19.99 for 6 months. But normally, it's $42.95 per month. You may say that is expensive, but believe me-IT'S WORTH IT! :D

I have Road Runner and my downloads range from 300-500. It only recently started going about 400. So maybe they did up my speed up a little?

My Cable company (Shaw Cable) offers 5Mbit (down) 1Mbit (up) plus full cable tv for about $70 a month Canadian.

mmm... gotta love my 80kbps bonded modems.. w00t.. (im paying more than you broadband people too, btw)

Hmm, I just did a speed test(I have comcast) and I got 393 up 293 down.

The server was busy...but still...holy shit.

Just did another server..got 1.817 megabits down...180 up.

Hehe, just did a test on the knology website..got 2.535 down, and 250 up.

This keeps getting better and better.

Back