Illegal interp value lock

Reaction score
anyone know what causes this error? i get it randomly on servers that i can normally play on. it appears a few seconds after i join the server and kicks me out.

You have a setting - either cl_interp or cl_interpolate that is set contrary to the requirements of their server.cfg or some mattie mod add on, check with one of their admins by putting those settings back to default (0.1 ,1 respectively I think) to get on the server if they dont have a forum you can ask on.

If it's not server side it could be related to the recent update which fixed some exploits and the hit detection a little.

either way try the defaults of

interp 0.1
interpolate 1

DiSTuRbEd said:
Quit rate hacking and you won't have zee issue.
I get the error too Dist :p

I think if you don't get it on other servers which usually have interp value locks, then they just put in their own (wrong) values.

I just join other servers tbh.

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
Setting interp/interpolate 0 is NOT a hack, its a cfg command!

I said rate hacking, you cannot "hack" the game anyways, only cheat. If you need to learn about rate hacking go to the CS:S section of Steam's Forums.

just did a search on hacking, found 43 pages, looked at 20 of them and couldnt find anything, why do ppl make up such a thing that doesnt exist?

I get this error on one of the servers I frequent. When I rejoin the error goes away though.

Edit: I didn't change cl_interp or any of the console variables at all.

Back