I'm confused!

Korgoth

Reaction score
Hi, well.... Like I said, im confused... I've been reading and reading, and i keep hearing all these conflicting posts...What I want to know is

1. Whe i buy half life 2 at Gamestop/babbages/EB/(enter store here) will I have to have steam to play it? (reminder: multiplayer doesn't interest me much <56k)

2. Will the only way i'll be able to make levels and play around with the sdk be to have steam?

3. Will i only be able to get patches updates from steam?

4. Will any mod tools come with half life 2 in the box?

Any help to clear this up for me would be nice... Thanks guys! :)

1. Wher i buy half life 2 at Gamestop/babbages/EB/(enter store here) will I have to have steam to play it? (reminder: multiplayer doesn't interest me much <56k)

-I'm pretty sure you dont need it, but if you do it steam will surely be bundled with the game so you dotn have to download any annoying patches ans still play Singleplayer

2. Will the only way i'll be able to make levels and play around with the sdk be to have steam?

-I think the SDK will be released fefore HL2 on Steam and i'm sure someone will put it up on a website for all to download.

-The SDK will ship with the game (as far as I know) so you can play with it/do whatever without needing it to download

3. Will i only be able to get patches updates from steam?

-There are always people who will put up the patch on their website as a mirror. Check filemirrors.com when the time comes and you will find the patch.

4. Will any mod tools come with half life 2 in the box?

-Yes. See #2 for more info

Back