I'm going on a trip to England...

To all HL2.net Brighton residents: See if you can contact Sulk for a super-awesome-fun meeting and -night! Post possible aweshens locations to meet up.
If it's still nice weather by then, going to the beach makes some sense. Just don't go to the palace pier. It's so tacky you could colour it blue and put posters up with it. Very expensive too (must be pretty harsh being a foreign tourist in the UK at the moment, with the exchange rate like it is). That's kind of how Brighton is tbh. Brash, loud, tacky and pretty obnoxious. Oh and FABULOUS!

Oooh, looking good Beerend! Hope you enjoy it. Piss up in Edinburgh (maybe :p )

When I am older I would meet up with someone. I'm underage for you guys to fiddle with :)

Birmingham recommendations:
The Fighting Cocks pub in Moseley (about three miles from the city centre) - beautiful, """"alternative"""" pub in the most chilled-out part of the city

Bacchus Bar underground off New Street - very interesting place, pretty decent drinks, very hidden and chilled out

The Sunflower Lounge near the main railway station - good DJs, pretty tiny little bar with a tiny stage area in the basement as well

Snobs nightclub for cheap-and-dirty indie and rock fun,

The Yardbird jazz bar just outside the central library is pretty cool, just drift in and out as you please, wicked on a Sunday afternoon/early evening

for starters...

Right, off I go, bbye all :p

Oh and keep the tips coming!

How will we know when you are where you are, how will we meet you?

Hello!

Me and Beerend and hi
s friend, who's name is sort of like 'yellow' but without the w, I could not pronounce it.

We met ourside the Hotel Hilton in Manchester on a rainy saturday for an Epic time.

We looked at the textile and industry museam, then spent an hour looking for china town for a meal, it was however delicious, a 3course meal for 4.50. I also showed them primark, Yella was so astonished at a shirt and tie for 5quid he bought it. We also visited the Manchester art gallery and watched 1408 (horror film). It was epic.

Hl2.net: Pics or it didn't happen
Solaris: OK

Beerend in Chinese
Beerendinchinese.jpg

Beerend and Yella
beerendandyella.jpg

Beerend and Solaris
Solarisandbeerend.jpg

Fkn epic. I still say we need to get a giant meeting over here in the states going.

I want Beerend's jacket! :O It's beautiful.

It's a shame that, as far as I'm aware, it wasn't the epic meet-up that was foreseen. But as long as he got a good look around Britain, then it was not a complete loss.

/faps

:D

Only over Beerend and his mate though :O

England? blegh. Come to Scotland if you want some great sights, mountains, castles, but no good weather :)

We looked at the textile and industry museam, then spent an hour looking for china town for a meal, it was however delicious, a 3course meal for 4.50. I also showed them primark, Yella was so astonished at a shirt and tie for 5quid he bought it. We also visited the Manchester art gallery and watched 1408 (horror film). It was epic.

You mean the science and industry museum..?

And how could you not find china town?! If you're at the art gallery then you're practically there already!! its like the next street over

(ps. primark..? hardly a tourist landmark but oh well lol, should have gone to afflecks or somewhere instead)

Yes, I wasn't a very good tour guide lol.

Oh well it was awesome anyways :D
I'll probably be returning to England after my first semester for a few days (Brighton only :D D: )

Back