I'm making a game

Reaction score
An indie adventure game, hand-crafted in the C#'s. Full next-gen graphics with dynamic shadows, ambient occlusion and bloom.

Regular HL2.netters registered before this date will get 25% off the already cheap price of around £7.49 ($12/€8.30, TBC).

Stay tuned for more info.

Are you working on this alone or with a team? Do you have a website? Do you need a website?

What is the game? Premise? Setting? Gameplay? Platform?

Best of luck :) I'm happy to pay the full price to support a fellow HL2netter who has the balls to try to make an indie game. Just tell me where to direct my moneys :D

Will the shadows blur depending on the distance they are cast, like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat?

I must know!

Anyway, look forward to seeing what this is!

I'd like to know more. I kind of want to get in game programming because programming for the health care industry is boring as hell.

Are you working on this alone or with a team? Do you have a website? Do you need a website?

What is the game? Premise? Setting? Gameplay? Platform?

Best of luck :) I'm happy to pay the full price to support a fellow HL2netter who has the balls to try to make an indie game. Just tell me where to direct my moneys :D
I'll post more info later, but it's a 1st-person adventure game like Amnesia/Myst/yadda, but hopefully not as boring. I'm working alone, but might have to hire a freelance coder for a few bits. The website's done already (in procrastinating time), but the game's not even 15% complete, so even the name isn't final. I've just coded all of the basic systems I need to build the game.

It will be PC/Mac for sure, then maybe iPhone/iPad.

I think you mean current gen graphics.

I'll stay tuned.
Haha. It sounds better for PR reasons :p

Will the shadows blur depending on the distance they are cast, like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat?

I must know!

Anyway, look forward to seeing what this is!
Let's pretend they're even better than that.

I'd like to know more. I kind of want to get in game programming because programming for the health care industry is boring as hell.
Have you ever coded anything game-related, like a dialogue system?

can I work for you by doing nothing but still getting paid?

I haven't coded anything game related really. I mostly do web programming and database interface drudgery. There's only so much fun you can have writing a few thousand lines of stored procedures... so I'm trying to branch out a little.

Make sure the game has as wide casual appeal as possible by implementing things such as a leveling system, regenerating health, achievements and micro-transaction DLC!

Heheh, I like how you've got <15% of the game finished, but already managed to work in a deal for us. ;)

Well then, I wish you the best of luck and am looking forward to further info!

I have nothing to contribute except that I'd love to read blog posts about your progress, challenges faced and problems solved etc. And I'm sure that's the easiest bit of marketing you can do, two posts a month. Be sure to submit to news.ycombinator, if they like it they can offer good feedback and advice on getting visibility. Godspeed! :thumbs:

Best of luck, look forward to seeing what you do :)

Cool. I suck at adventure games but if it's half-decent, would probably play :). Good luck, have fun!

Unless it's on Steam, we won't cover it on this site.
What do you think we are? Some sort of group that supports its members and helps them to grow and develop? HAH!

EDIT: Seriously though, sounds neat, except 'Like Amnesia but not boring' isn't a thing.

sounds like shit. im not gonna play it

I'd really like to hear even just a little more about this. I think that the adventure genre is currently totally ripe for new blood with the success of games like Amnesia, and a great choice for an indie studio since it's more dependent on story and atmosphere than being able to produce massive amounts of content.

Make sure the game has as wide casual appeal as possible by implementing things such as a leveling system, regenerating health, achievements and micro-transaction DLC!
There are achievements right now, but I'll probably remove them because they won't be linked to an account or anything. Steam achievements would be easier.

Unless it's on Steam, we won't cover it on this site.
What do you think we are? Some sort of group that supports its members and helps them to grow and develop? HAH!

EDIT: Seriously though, sounds neat, except 'Like Amnesia but not boring' isn't a thing.
I'll apply to Steam when it's close to being finished. Amnesia's gameplay is not boring, but the cthulhu horror style is in a lot of adventure games.

I'd really like to hear even just a little more about this. I think that the adventure genre is currently totally ripe for new blood with the success of games like Amnesia, and a great choice for an indie studio since it's more dependent on story and atmosphere than being able to produce massive amounts of content.
Telling the story will be interesting. I don't want NPC's, so I will have to tell it through notes/etc. The story won't be entirely serious, with some over-the-top twists and events, but will have some serious themes, and the visual style of the game will shock/annoy a few people.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear more as you progress.

Back