In The Mood - 40's Era Musical

MRG

Reaction score
My wife bought my daughter & I tickets to go see "In The Mood", a 40's era musical revue @ the Gallo Arts Center. My daughter is 12, but she loves big band music. The musical had a 15 piece instrument band, made up of mostly senior citizens. The drummer was about 60 & was simply amazing. Age did not slow him down in the slightest. There were also 6 singers that also danced while they sang, 3 male & 3 female. Each was dressed in 40's attire during their songs.

"In the Mood," featuring an ensemble of 19 performers including the In the Mood Singers and Dancers and the sensational String of Pearls Big Band Orchestra, will appear at the Gallo Center for the Arts.

More than a concert, "In the Mood" is a big band theatrical swing revue. It's the music of Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Harry James, Erskine Hawkins, The Andrews Sisters, Frank Sinatra, and other greats of the 1940's.

"In the Mood" takes a retro look at the life and time of America's greatest generation. It was a generation where everyone listened and danced to the same style of music which ranged from up-tempo big band rhythms to mellow intimate ballads, and set a mood that inspired a future filled with hope, promise and prosperity.

It was a fantastic show. Simply fantastic. The 2 & a half hour show passed in the blink of an eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gIRlWBza4A

-MRG

What a cock tease era.

This has put me in the mood for watching 1941.

Back