Independance Day (holiday, not movie)

U

uberneko

How do you fellow Europeans feel about it? I am not trying to rub it in on you guys, I'm just curious. Here's what a friend of my that lives in Britain thinks:

Heh, no worries.

I honestly don't care, it's all long in the past.
Hell, I'm looking for work in the US and trying to move there atm so I better not be pissed

I think you'll find that the majority of British people really aren't bothered at all by it, it may be because we lost, but we really don't think of it as anything other than Americans having a good party when we think of the 4th of July.

I don't know what it is...
Here in Belgium we don't even talk about it so :)

what means Independance Day?

has that something to do with a patriotic thing?

Really,
I don't care either (I'm British BTW)
I don't even know what day it is on, I you know I really don't care.....The only time I geuss I would care is if it became a bank holiday or something over here :cheese:

Go back to your history books... the vast majority of the UK government at the time was in favour of giving the states a large degree of autonomy. History would have been so different had britain not had a complete lunatic for a monarch namely King George III. It was George's commitment to taxing the colonies that led to the declaration of independence. It is entirely possible that the US would look totally different than it is now and the worlds history would also be so different if Britain had a monarch in charge who was willing to give the states the autonomy it deserved.

Pah, I don't give a damn.. I love Britain as it is now :p

At the time the colonies being apart of britan and its government was just not possible. Because of the distance anybody representing the colonies would be unable to communicate with their constituents effectively. Quite the shame, today it would be a completely different story, however i think the american revolution was one of the most important events in history as far as goverment is concerned along with the idea of communism from Charle Marx. I will now say sorry for all the errors and typos i probally made.

Originally posted by |MaTT|
Go back to your history books... the vast majority of the UK government at the time was in favour of giving the states a large degree of autonomy. History would have been so different had britain not had a complete lunatic for a monarch namely King George III. It was George's commitment to taxing the colonies that led to the declaration of independence. It is entirely possible that the US would look totally different than it is now and the worlds history would also be so different if Britain had a monarch in charge who was willing to give the states the autonomy it deserved.

EDIT: taking should have read taxing...

To be honest its all in the past, and america is our friend. However it annoys me when you get people going on about it.

Like they say "We kicked your butts!"
My reply "Oh i didn't know you were 300 years old"

Then there was this funny guy who was asking why i didnt have a party on the 4th of July. He didnt understand what it was about he just used it as an excuse to get drunk.

oh so it's today is it... I wondered what that big black thing blocking the sun is..hmm whats it doing now....

* Stone's transmition has been terminated, due to him being disintigrated by a big wall of flame stuff.......

nar, only joking... So erm happy 4th of July to all you people out there that know what it is :cheese:

eh wot u on about. On a different subject, independence day sounds like an excuse to increase your body mass and have fun :cheers: (and drink) Really i dont care wot u do its to patriotic for my liking

Back