intel core 2 duo processor questions

zakuze

Reaction score
hello,

i was wondering if the intel core 2 duo processor is anything better than an older 2.4 ghz processor. If i was running a 2.00 ghz P7350 intel core 2 duo processor on a laptop, would that perform well enough to run such games as fallout 3. Would it be worth it and be substantially better than what i already have?

thanks.

You mean compared to the Pentium models? Then yes, absolutely. Per clockspeed (mhz) the core2 chips perform about 90% faster than pentium or celeron chips.

You mean compared to the Pentium models? Then yes, absolutely. Per clockspeed (mhz) the core2 chips perform about 90% faster than pentium or celeron chips.

the pentium dual core is based on the core 2 duo architecture, which means it is decent, but pentium 4s are sh*t.
clockspeed is not everything anymore. core 2 duos and i7s a way ahead of everything at the moment.

hey thanks guys,

yeah so anyway i am interested in getting a high quality laptop and if it had a 2.00GHZ intel core 2 duo processor, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, NVIDIA Geforce 9200M GE, would that be enough or more than enough to run fallout 3 and other games like that and will it be a long time before it falls behind high end computers and wont be able to run newer games and software?

Laptops are usually a bad idea for gaming altogether. The smart move would to buy a low-to-mid range desktop for games; and the cheapest laptop you can find with long battery life for everything else. Far more practical and cost effective.

Is it really so important for you to be gaming on the move? Have you considered a DS?

You're not going to find a laptop that plays Fallout 3 well without spending $1000-2000. Even if you get a laptop that could you'd have to play the games while it's plugged in as the battery won't be able to provide the power needed long enough.

ok then,

i do understand that fallout 3 would chew up alot of power on a laptop, i understand a desktop is better than a laptop for gaming and i understand that high end laptops cost more. all i really want is a laptop that can play games like fallout 3. my original idea was just to get an xbox 360 and play the games i wanna play for a much cheaper price and not have to worry anymore. is that the way to go?

that is what i prefer and if i was to go with that i would just need a laptop capable of playing games like CSS and half life 2. And at the very maxmim oblivion maybe.

suggestions guys please?

Back