Interesting folder in Home Directory

KKiONI

Medic
Reaction score
I was browsing files on my Linux machine when I noticed a new folder called "openvr" in my home directory. Inside it are two more folders, one of which is called "oculus" while the other (more intriguing one) is named "vortex". The folders are both empty, but I expect this might be where the calibration files be placed. Anyways, it's interesting to see their internal project referenced again. Anyone else notice this/notice this elsewhere?

openvr-inside.png

I for one welcome our new Oculus overlords, like to remind them as a trusted Steam gamer with good standings on Steam Rep I can be helpful to them in rounding up others, to toil in their Virtual Reality helmets.

I was browsing files on my Linux machine when I noticed a new folder called "openvr" in my home directory. Inside it are two more folders, one of which is called "oculus" while the other (more intriguing one) is named "vortex". The folders are both empty, but I expect this might be where the calibration files be placed. Anyways, it's interesting to see their internal project referenced again. Anyone else notice this/notice this elsewhere?

View attachment 24530

Reported

I am not so sure about how you are using "reported". Do you mean you reported my post using the report link (if so: ??) or did you mean that this particular detail has been reported (either a while back or fairly recently)? I just found the word was used a bit ambiguously; apologies for my confusion.

Ubuntu FTW

Posted from my Ubuntu box
Ubuntu FTW indeed. I started using it in dual boot earlier this year and I am really impressed with how far Linux has progressed. My next desktop is going to have its own Ubuntu drive for sure.

Back