[UPDATE #5] Half-Life 3 accidentally appears in Gamescom Official List, Then Appears in Keyboard Ad

'Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?'
seems appropriate.

Hey Guis, just got off the phone with gamescom... Well Gabe picked up the phone and he said "World Of Half-Life is gonna be at GC and its guna be TIGGHHT!"

So Valve is having Madcatz make the controllers for the Steam Box, and HL3 will be one of the launch titles!

No, Half-Life 3 is a keyboard.

The GTTV Valve episode teaser was released earlier, looks like nothing Half-Life based. Just a lot of Dota 2, CS:GO, Steam, Big Picture Mode and a trailer for something "non-game related". Should be interesting.

Valve know how sensitive the community is to these things, and I do not think they would do anything like this on purpose just to spite their fans.

Are we talking about the same Valve?

Are we talking about the same Valve?
Their understanding of the community's feelings does not have to translate into a readiness to indulge it whenever it grows impatient. Only they see the full picture, and based on that they have seen it fit to maintain silence. It is silly to assume that they do it out of spite.

My middle digits extend infinitely into the uncertainty.

Their understanding of the community's feelings does not have to translate into a readiness to indulge it whenever it grows impatient. Only they see the full picture, and based on that they have seen it fit to maintain silence. It is silly to assume that they do it out of spite.

PR stunts. Building the hype. Having people talk and getting all excited. It's not a matter of understanding the community's feelings. It's marketing.

I can't deny that possibility, but it would mean that Gamescom don't mind having their credibility put to question. However, if they are confident enough to build up anticipation, then it may mean imminent announcement. Though I do see how you may not like their playing with your excitement without giving concrete information, when you look at it this way.

God damn that's awesome of them.

Newell/Valve 2012!

Back