Interview by PC Gamer

SpuD

Reaction score
GamesRadar.com has posted a new interview with Doug Lombardi. The interview contains some new, interesting information, some about the AI. Unlike simple interviews over steam or whatnot, this article contains lengthy responses. Its a good read.

Remeber kids:

Everytime Valve is talking about AI, its a lie.

muff, dont go any farther with that.

i read that like 3 weeks ago.

right now im not listening to a thing valve says until the game is out and im playing the game.

LOL, its definatly a good read. I really enjoy the way Game developers talk about thier game and how they discover new things by just playtesting wich makes them go "WTF!".

This interview is about 6 weeks old as far as UK PC gamer goes..

Originally posted by EVIL
LOL, its definatly a good read. I really enjoy the way Game developers talk about thier game and how they discover new things by just playtesting wich makes them go "WTF!".
I suppose you are refering to the Strider thing?
I myself acually thinks it would be better if they had the Strider in the sea after all, that would look cool and original. :)

EDIT: I know it is original with big units already, but if it was in water and on a longer distance would make it look more exciting.

Originally posted by Murray
I suppose you are refering to the Strider thing?
I myself acually thinks it would be better if they had the Strider in the sea after all, that would look cool and original. :)

EDIT: I know it is original with big units already, but if it was in water and on a longer distance would make it look more exciting.

Should have some larger versions of the strider in the game, superstriders heh, for a more War of the Worlds effect, those would have been good on the beach and far out in the sea, throw in a large military ship and some escaping civilians and you could have a very familiar scene :D (add some jeff wayne music to it and it would be perfect :))

Originally posted by Dougy
i read that like 3 weeks ago.

right now im not listening to a thing valve says until the game is out and im playing the game.

me too

Originally posted by Fenric1138
Should have some larger versions of the strider in the game, superstriders heh, for a more War of the Worlds effect, those would have been good on the beach and far out in the sea, throw in a large military ship and some escaping civilians and you could have a very familiar scene :D (add some jeff wayne music to it and it would be perfect :))
Yeah, something like that. You get my point. :)

Back