Iraq-2,000 American Service Men and Women Dead

Multiply that with 50 and you get the number of civilian casualties.

well..war is good for lowering the population...raising the deficit...ummmm...getting rid of unsightly buildings/trees/landscapes.....

oh yeah..makes for good movies and/or anime..

thats it for me,can anyone else come up with anything war is good for?

Spicy Tuna said:
like you know that monkey.....know body knows that

no one knows the orgin of the universe but that doesnt stop scientists from making educated guesses ...same applys here ...between 30,000 and 100,000 iraqi civilians have died since the invasion

the fault of many fanatics on both sides..just my opinion..

the insurgents and the current U.S. gov....my idea of fanatics,just to clarify

Well my disgust with both sides reaches new levels.
One side for causing it, another for exploiting it.

The_Monkey said:
Multiply that with 50 and you get the number of civilian casualties.

Most of the civilians have died by the insurgents bombin mosques, shopping centres, hotels & just blowing them selves up in the street...very sad indeed.

George bush said today: We will not leave with out Victory! Iraq is not done without Victory!"....WHAT VICTORY!!!??? Please inform me of this victory thing?? WOW...I can't believe you Americans stand for this Bullshit!!

CptStern said:
no one knows the orgin of the universe but that doesnt stop scientists from making educated guesses ...same applys here ...between 30,000 and 100,000 iraqi civilians have died since the invasion

And I'm guessing that has a 6% chance of being wrong? :upstare:

Admit it Stern, no-one knows. Yeah, a lot died. Don't exadurate.

Top Secret said:

There's nothing wrong with that statistic. You're just downplaying it because you'd prefer the perception of things being rosy in Iraq.

Absinthe said:
There's nothing wrong with that statistic. You're just downplaying it because you'd prefer the perception of things being rosy in Iraq.

Last I heared American soldiers were handing out chocolate cake to the Iraqis and the Iraqis showed their gratitude with homemade faberge eggs, while Bush handed out money made off Iraqi oil to the poor people who weren't fortunate enough to make the eggs.

FictiousWill said:
50% of us DON'T! But what the dick can we do? The morons won't listen!

Unite. Fight back. Walk into the goddamn white house and kick them out. Your nation was built on revolution.

Bait said:
Last I heared American soldiers were handing out chocolate cake to the Iraqis and the Iraqis showed their gratitude with homemade faberge eggs, while Bush handed out money made off Iraqi oil to the poor people who weren't fortunate enough to make the eggs.

AhahahHAhahahahHAHahHA. You can't seriously believe that crap. Where did you get that bullshit from? The FOX news channel? CHoclate cake,.. aghagagaahhahaa, Im still cracking up.

>>FrEnZy<< said:
AhahahHAhahahahHAHahHA. You can't seriously believe that crap. Where did you get that bullshit from? The FOX news channel? CHoclate cake,.. aghagagaahhahaa, Im still cracking up.
It's funny how satire does that to you.

Direwolf said:
Well my disgust with both sides reaches new levels.
One side for causing it, another for exploiting it.

Exploiting it?

Why is that that anti-war advocates exploit the deaths of American soldiers, but George Bush justifies the war on Iraq using the deaths of Iraqis during Saddam's regime?

Top Secret said:
And I'm guessing that has a 6% chance of being wrong? :upstare:

what exactly does "wrong" mean in this case? 0 deaths? because we can certainly account at the very least:

26690 - 30051

so that's the 30,000 part

and here's the 100,000 figure based on ground studies

now if you'll just point me towards an official US tally we can compare notes ...good luck finding one

Absinthe said:

I'm not the one pulling up random statistics. It's funny how you ****ers think everyone who takes a poke at you is some right wing nut job.

CptStern said:
what exactly does "wrong" mean in this case? 0 deaths? because we can certainly account at the very least:

26690 - 30051

so that's the 30,000 part

and here's the 100,000 figure based on ground studies

now if you'll just point me towards an official US tally we can compare notes ...good luck finding one

Why are you asking me for a US tally Stern? You've completely side-stepped my point, as usual.

Listen, bringing up two DIFFERENT sets of figures, and simply saying "One of these has to be right.." isn't going to cut it. In fact, it's just stupid.

I'll be the first to admit that there could be 200k civ deaths. There might be 20k. All I'm saying is, stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

Good day. And my apologese in advance for "jumping in mid thread" as it were. =)

Top Secret said:
I'm not the one pulling up random statistics. It's funny how you ****ers think everyone who takes a poke at you is some right wing nut job.

Why are you asking me for a US tally Stern? You've completely side-stepped my point, as usual.

Listen, bringing up two DIFFERENT sets of figures, and simply saying "One of these has to be right.." isn't going to cut it. In fact, it's just stupid.

I'll be the first to admit that there could be 200k civ deaths. There might be 20k. All I'm saying is, stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

Good day. And my apologese in advance for "jumping in mid thread" as it were. =)

:upstare: why didnt you at least look at links I provided? It would have saved you from asking the more obvious questions. To reiterate: the 30,000 figure is highly accurate ..that is a certainty ..BUT they only tally deaths of those they can verify. The Lancet figure of 100,000 is a projection based on field case studies. It is as accurate as can be, based on a sample portion of the population to predict numbers of deaths in the whole population

btw, I asked you for a US tally because I know there isnt one ..take the time to stop and reflect on why there isnt one

and you dont seem to understand the whole "jump in mid thread" comment ..it's not referring to physically jumping in mid thread by being the 34th person to reply (arbitrary number picked at random) but rather jumping in without having read the previous 34 posts ...I really dont see why you think it's such a big deal (have it in your sig, you've mentioned it a few times) ..it reveals your inability to comprehend a simple statement rather than making me look like a fool

Top Secret said:

Ah, so these are just random statistics. They're just being pulled out of an asshole. They mean nothing. I see now. How convincing :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a rat's ass if you're a right wing nutjob or not. My issue is that you want to play down valid statistics for some unknown reason. The best I can guess is that you simply don't like them because of what they represent. I don't know. Perhaps that's your way of maintaining some kind of tinted perception of the conflict.

If that's not the case, then please, do explain why you have issue with them.

lister said:
Most of the civilians have died by the insurgents bombin mosques, shopping centres, hotels & just blowing them selves up in the street...very sad indeed.

Nonsense.

lister said:
Hmm... last time I've heard, another 200 people died because their villages were bombed because they were supposedly housing insurgents. Woop-dy-doo.

Kare Bear said:
I wonder how many insurgents have been killed.

“We don’t do body counts” - General Tommy Franks

“Change the channel”
- Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt's advice to Iraqis who see TV images of innocent civilians killed by coalition troops

btw for those who're interested:

Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003–2005

Who was killed?

- 24,865 civilians were reported killed in the first two years.
- Women and children accounted for almost 20% of all civilian deaths.
- Baghdad alone recorded almost half of all deaths.

When did they die?

-30% of civilian deaths occurred during the invasion phase before 1 May 2003.
- Post-invasion, the number of civilians killed was almost twice as high in year two (11,351) as in year one (6,215).

Who did the killing?

- US-led forces killed 37% of civilian victims.
- Anti-occupation forces/insurgents killed 9% of civilian victims.
- Post-invasion criminal violence accounted for 36% of all deaths.
- Killings by anti-occupation forces, crime and unknown agents have shown a steady rise over the entire period.

source

TheSomeone said:
Exploiting it?

Why is that that anti-war advocates exploit the deaths of American soldiers, but George Bush justifies the war on Iraq using the deaths of Iraqis during Saddam's regime?
Believe me, plenty of people are using this to their own political advantage. Its a given.

And Stern: Any know who "Iraq Body Count" is? They're the source for that dossier, and apparently its in some way associated with Oxford, but I've never heard of the group.

CptStern said:
btw for those who're interested:

Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003–2005

Who was killed?

- 24,865 civilians were reported killed in the first two years.
- Women and children accounted for almost 20% of all civilian deaths.
- Baghdad alone recorded almost half of all deaths.

When did they die?

-30% of civilian deaths occurred during the invasion phase before 1 May 2003.
- Post-invasion, the number of civilians killed was almost twice as high in year two (11,351) as in year one (6,215).

Who did the killing?

- US-led forces killed 37% of civilian victims.
- Anti-occupation forces/insurgents killed 9% of civilian victims.
- Post-invasion criminal violence accounted for 36% of all deaths.
- Killings by anti-occupation forces, crime and unknown agents have shown a steady rise over the entire period.

source

How many civilians had died when Saddam was in charge? We don't know byut i bet it was more than the coalition forces have killed. Also u can't justify a war for killing people as war is war innoncence is taking not my deliberation. Terrorism is, the terrorist want to harm innocence, that is their aim, to scare you. COWARDS!

lister said:
How many civilians had died when Saddam was in charge? We don't know byut i bet it was more than the coalition forces have killed. Also u can't justify a war for killing people as war is war innoncence is taking not my deliberation. Terrorism is, the terrorist want to harm innocence, that is their aim, to scare you. COWARDS!

you're right ..there was more killed by saddam ..250,000 odd in what? ...30 years ...100,000 in 2 years ..if this keeps up in another 3 years it'll surpass that number

if we tally the number of iraqis killed by coalition forces since 1991 the figure is somewhere around 1.5 million (sanctions alone killed between 1 mil and 1.3 million iraqis)

CptStern said:
you're right ..there was more killed by saddam ..250,000 odd in what? ...30 years ...100,000 in 2 years ..if this keeps up in another 3 years it'll surpass that number

if we tally the number of iraqis killed by coalition forces since 1991 the figure is somewhere around 1.5 million (sanctions alone killed between 1 mil and 1.3 million iraqis)

how many people died in WW1 &2, why cant we talk about this, or how many people died in hiroshima, or how many people died in Nanjing Massacre

Why has it always got to be Iraq, ffs, look u mite av a problem with the coalition forces, so y not pack ur bag & join the militants, cos at the end of the day, the militants r wrong & we are right.

lister said:
how many people died in WW1 &2, why cant we talk about this, or how many people died in hiroshima, or how many people died in Nanjing Massacre

what does that have to do with anything?

lister said:
Why has it always got to be Iraq, ffs, look u mite av a problem with the coalition forces, so y not pack ur bag & join the militants, cos at the end of the day, the militants r wrong & we are right.

:upstare:

ya cuz "you're either for us or against us" ..bullshit

Do the groups making the bodycounts count insurgent deaths as iraqs/civilians?

Last I heard there was some debate about that. Its really hard to seperate the two out sometimes, but its obvious a whole lot of them aren't insurgents. Either way, when its due to misguided bombing etc its pretty obvious that its civilian and not insurgent casualties.
I can't imagine that its a significant percentage that are mistaken as civilians.

as i said above the civilians are not a target, i heard on the news that insurgents hide in civilians homes, if this is the case they are more cowarly that ever thought. Also a misguided bomb seems to get more Iraq people angry than a suicide bomber who deliberately attacks civilians, how can this be?

lister said:
as i said above the civilians are not a target, i heard on the news that insurgents hide in civilians homes, if this is the case they are more cowarly that ever thought. Also a misguided bomb seems to get more Iraq people angry than a suicide bomber who deliberately attacks civilians, how can this be?

over 7000 iraqi civilians died during the initial invasion ...all by coalition bombing. That's a lot of misguided bombs

CptStern said:
over 7000 iraqi civilians died during the initial invasion ...all by coalition bombing. That's a lot of misguided bombs
Sadly enough, its just a case of playing the percentages.
Hell, the US dropped about 240,000 cluster bombs alone. People screw up, order fire on the wrong places, misidentify buildings, and jumble coordinates. War's still not as clean as we'd like it to be, to say the least.

Back