Is ANYONE Actually Excited For L4D2?

I'm excited for Left 4 Dead 2 for EVERYTHING except the new music. I know I'll probably being porting l4d1 music to the new so I can play without being annoyed lol.

I'm pretty much in this mindset.
Going to feel like such a sheep when I buy it, if the price is reasonable.

If L4D2 offers what you want in a game you shouldn't give a damn what anybody else thinks much less feel like a sheep.

Sounds like to me you shouldn't buy this game at all. It's no big deal. Just don't do it.

The thing is that people aren't protesting here more than they would for any other, crappier, companies. It's just that for so long Valve have proven they can easily be made into anyones whimpering bitches by always listening to the community when we whine our asses off. So now that something's happened that people don't approve of, people try to take advantage of Valve to get more free content than they probably deserve, the bastards. It's about time Valve got themselves a backbone and basically gave the boycott a calm "**** you and thanks for doubling the pre-orders".

Not at all, I'm not getting it. It's stupid, it's pretty much the same thing just new levels and 4 new skins for the characters. The first one sucked in my opinion anyway. Yea, it's cool you get to kill zombies but don't forget there are like 6 guns and the levels are so short it's not even funny. I made the mistake of spending my money on the first, I wont again. Plenty of other "real" games coming out I can spend my money on.

It's all relative, in a way yes, I'm excited. Not if you compare to Episode 3 though.

But this is the thing
Thing__comics_.png
, there's a very good reason people are apparently thinking it's DLC worthy, and that's because it's a sequel. Sequels cost money which assholes don't like to pay, so the thought of paying for something from a company about as selfless as god himself means that something has gone wrong, and the community would slit their throats before admitting fault.

Yes, it's a sequel, there's not supposed to be too many changes, it's not it's own game entirely. I didn't see anybody complaining when HL2 was about a scientist in a hazard suit fighting against a hostile alien race with a crowbar, the same as the first, yet the thought of paying for content that COULD have been DLC, the same way a broken, empty jar of jam in the trash COULD still qualify as food, is apparently the hell for all the steam community.

But this is the thing, there's a very good reason people are apparently thinking it's DLC worthy, and that's because it's a sequel. Sequels cost money which assholes don't like to pay, so the thought of paying for something from a company about as selfless as god himself means that something has gone wrong, and the community would slit their throats before admitting fault.

Because, as we all know, the gaming community (particularly for the PC) is one that never likes to spend money on anything... :rolleyes:

You assholes really need to stop with this whole cheapskate argument. Think what you want of the boycotters' strength in reasoning, but that line of attack is assuredly bullshit. You sound more and more like the bigwigs in charge of horrid DRM schemes that assume most players are freebie-grubbing pirates at heart.

im not that excited, but the more i look at the trailers the more i get excited. ill probably rent it.

To me, it has come to soon. And judging by the look of the trailers, it looks nothing more than a really elaborate expansion on the original. New skins? New specials? New maps?

Just release it as an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

Ill be very surprised if it sells well. It just seems so...un-needed. Though im sure Valve's account managers say different.

I didn't see anybody complaining when HL2 was about a scientist in a hazard suit fighting against a hostile alien race with a crowbar

HL2 had an effing GRAVITY GUN.

The problem I have with L4D2 is that it's just too soon. I would feel the same way about any game that ships a sequel only a year later.

Your saying most players aren't? :LOL:

PC gaming is one of the most expensive hobbies one can have. Games in general aren't usually cheap, and PC gaming rigs with next-gen cards can cost over a thousand dollars. Granted, computers are used for a lot more than video games. But for those who may only be interested in them for playing the latest titles, it's a large expense.

To me, it has come to soon. And judging by the look of the trailers, it looks nothing more than a really elaborate expansion on the original. New skins? New specials? New maps?

Just release it as an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

I don't understand this at all. It is a substantially larger game.

Can't we start a steam-group against the boycotters that says that Valve should take 10$ more than the price of l4d1 for l4d2, just because its worth it, its a valve game and it will be worth it...come on..just pay up. This would be awesome if the number of people in this group would be bigger than the boycot steamgroup, it'll show the cheap whiners!! :D

Let's make fun of ineffective, stupid petition groups by making our own!

LFD2 is like what Breakthrough was to Medal of Honor Allied Assault. If anyone here understands...

LFD2 is like what Breakthrough was to Medal of Honor Allied Assault. If anyone here understands...

That's odd, because as far as I'm aware being able to state L4D2 as anything is downright batshit insane considering you haven't even played it yet.

Well, I played the first one and that took a whole 2 hours to beat or something, don't even remember. Looks the same just with new guns and maps. That video in the other thread proved that, I saw nothing exciting about it. Boring...

I'm not in this "Boycott" that I just heard about, I'm just not buying this because it looks like it's gonna suck. It's too linear for todays games anyways I think. Either way, I'm out of the lfd2 forum. Waste of time. On to better games.

Well, I played the first one and that took a whole 2 hours to beat or something, don't even remember. Looks the same just with new guns and maps. That video in the other thread proved that, I saw nothing exciting about it. Boring...

I'm not in this "Boycott" that I just heard about, I'm just not buying this because it looks like it's gonna suck. It's too linear for todays games anyways I think. Either way, I'm out of the lfd2 forum. Waste of time. On to better games.

I can see what you're saying, and if you don't like L4D's gameplay then that's totally fine. The thing that riles me up is when people start claiming this and that about something they haven't played yet. Maybe I trust in Valve's comments regarding why L4D2 warrants the title of sequel enough to believe that the game is going to be much more than new guns (I don't understand you're complaint about new maps though... that's a good thing, and to be expected even in DLC content, yet alone a next title release) which I guess makes me somewhat biased towards getting annoyed when I see unfounded statements of fact about something the poster hasn't even played yet.

But again, I see more in the game then just new guns, and I trust Valve's word that it's going to be more than that.

As a side, I'm interested towards what you think too linear is, and where an example of non-linearity shines, prefrebly in a multiplayer game as that is, after all, what we are discussing. I'd note that getting 2 hours out of a multiplayer experience in what is essentially a release of four maps designed to be played over and over again is quite good. I've used up two hours a day going through the maps since launch, give or take a month or two.

Back