Is ANYONE Actually Excited For L4D2?

Survivr

Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are wanting to boycott L4D2 because they don't want to pay for it, but is there anyone apart from me who is really excited for it and WILL be getting it?

Damn straight. Moving crescendos, wandering witches, improved AID being the highlights for me.

Damn straight. Moving crescendos, wandering witches, improved AID being the highlights for me.

Also: Fiddle music, military bomb strikes, the bridge at the end of "The Parish", new characters, fiddle music, melee weapons (mostly axe, I guess) and fiddle music.

I think its a definite purchase. There is clearly a lot more going on there than in the previous game and I'm pretty positive about it, and where Valve can take it.

DENNIS 'CUTTY' WISE.

'nuff said.

(hells yes I'm excited.)

Not really excited, but will be getting it anyways to see what VALVe offers this time.

*raises hand*

Never played the first, didn't really interest me. Second one looks pretty fun though.

Couldn't be more excited! Ive been following L4D since it was firts announced. And I dont mind paying the cash for an upgraded and better version of the best "zombie" game ever :)

I am excited, I gotta alot of time out of the first game, and thats all that matters to me, L4D2 seems to be including the few things i missed first time round, so im looking forward to getting stuck in with my friends.

A little. When it's closer to release I'll probably get more excited for it.

Really looking forward to it. I can't remember when I last touched the first one, just don't find it that entertaining anymore. It'll definitely be nice having some fresh content!

Personally I cant wait. I remember following a little of L4D during its development. I thought it looked stupid to be honest. Only when I saw some game play videos did my interest pique a little. Despite my lackluster interest, I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available (I guess I trust Valve that much... or maybe it was so I could play the demo as soon as it was available). Its one of the funnest games Ive played in a long time. I'm not a fan of most multiplayer games, but L4D is perfect. And since I bought it without knowing too much about it, I never expected there to be free dlc like so many other people. I knowingly and willingly paid full price for a 4 campaign game. Ive logged in over 112 hours in L4D. I got my 50 bucks worth. Not only am I looking forward to L4D2, but I will gladly fork over 50 bucks for it. 5 campaigns, new characters, new game play mode, new weapons (including melee), new infected zombies, new special infected, wandering witch, advanced AI director (which can control weather and path layout)... what are people bitching about? I dont get it :|

Eh, probably going to do the smart thing and get PC first. If I like it, I'll get it for 360.

i'm quite excited, not my most anticipated game this year but I'll definitely get it.

It took me by surprise. A sequel to L4D wasn't remotely on my mind. Like others I was expecting Portal 2 or EP3.

However- I welcome L4D2 with the amount of new content and changes that are coming since I had a lot of fun playing the first one.

What changed?

Looks more southern, hoping for a bayou styled map. The melee weapons, the increase in amount of guns. idk, this one seems like it would have more replay value, the first looked like it would get boring fast.

Not excited yet, but I will be closer to release. Just love everything Valve put out pretty much, I know they'll do a good job with it.

I never bought Left 4 Dead 1, so I've got no problems buying this sequel, if it turns out to be good.

I wouldn't say I am particularly excited; intrigued, perhaps. It is so antithesis to Valve ideology, and not just in rate of production, but rather in what it represents - I feel many of its attractions are whimsical and superficial. It is difficult for me to praise its direction when it is coming fully loaded with a frying pan. That doesn't work for me.

That said, I will certainly embrace it on release. L4D, right now, for me, is a shallow and simplistic game, and I can't enjoy it whatsoever when I play it. The only time I truly enjoyed it was the 3-hour-long expert indulgences with Heppa and others, which forced us to rely on carefully honed team tactics to survive. As a result, the preceding difficulty settings became obsolete, and over time, expert itself a relatively simple bore. I think, on the whole, it operates on a fairly superficial level. Valve games succeed in brilliance because they are accessible, and yet intrinsically deep. That right there is the true genius of game design. L4D on the other hand is simply accessible; it is neither deep nor interesting - purely shallow. Quite unlike, say, TF2.

I would like to think L4D2 will rectify some of these problems, whilst apparently introducing new ones - excessively flamboyant caricatures.

I'm looking forward to it. L4D is probably my least favorite of Valve's Source titles but L4D2 is looking like it'll be a lot of fun. I pretty much agree with Samon though, most of the value of L4D is superficial (holy shit zombies darkness waaah) but gets repetitive and lacks depth. Although I think that this means L4D2 will be good because of what Samon calls "flamboyant caricatures" - it'll give the game some more character.

Plus I can't wait to slap all the boycott douchetards in the face with my L4D2-playing cock. I must say though I would rather Valve was working on Ep3 or (orgasm) even CS2 or DOD2.

Eh, probably going to do the smart thing and get PC first. If I like it, I'll get it for 360.
Why not just get it for PC?
I wouldn't say I am particularly excited; intrigued, perhaps. It is so antithesis to Valve ideology, and not just in rate of production, but rather in what it represents - I feel many of its attractions are whimsical and superficial. It is difficult for me to praise its direction when it is coming fully loaded with a frying pan. That doesn't work for me.

That said, I will certainly embrace it on release. L4D, right now, for me, is a shallow and simplistic game, and I can't enjoy it whatsoever when I play it. The only time I truly enjoyed it was the 3-hour-long expert indulgences with Heppa and others, which forced us to rely on carefully honed team tactics to survive. As a result, the preceding difficulty settings became obsolete, and over time, expert itself a relatively simple bore. I think, on the whole, it operates on a fairly superficial level. Valve games succeed in brilliance because they are accessible, and yet intrinsically deep. That right there is the true genius of game design. L4D on the other hand is simply accessible; it is neither deep nor interesting - purely shallow. Quite unlike, say, TF2.

I would like to think L4D2 will rectify some of these problems, whilst apparently introducing new ones - excessively flamboyant caricatures.

I'm afraid there is nothing deep about the genre that L4D is mimicking at all:p

I am quite excited.

I must say though I would rather Valve was working on Ep3.

Well, they are - it's a separate team working on L4D2, which is outside of the Ep3 development team. That said, I agree in terms of manpower, as it were.

I'm afraid there is nothing deep about the genre that L4D is mimicking at all:p

Silly; I was referring to gameplay. You are surely not telling me that the genre prohibits depth.

I'm embarrassed and will now be leaving in shame.

I'm certainly not remotely excited. I'm inclined to purchase the game some time after initial release, but only if my associates see to do so as well. The simple fact that Valve has, excruciatingly, decided to continue work with the series which was rather dull in the first place as opposed to transitioning the priority back to Half Life has put me off the game.

/end mimicking Samon's somewhat annoying level of sophisticatedness (that was hard to write)

It didn't seem unusual to me, I guess you just write less intelligently than an average person normally?

I used to use larger words than needed, but these days my mind is filled with physics so I can't really be bothered any more. Compare his post with this:

"I'm not excited about this game. I might buy the game if my friends think it's good. The fact that Valve has decided to continue working on L4D which I found boring rather than working on Half-Life has made me lose interest."

And while my personal opinions are littered with internal conflict I must concede that my current lines of thought doth intersect such a crude generalization with surprising frequency.

I will buy it, but I won't like doing it.

I used to use larger words than needed, but these days my mind is filled with physics so I can't really be bothered any more. Compare his post with this:

"I'm not excited about this game. I might buy the game if my friends think it's good. The fact that Valve has decided to continue working on L4D which I found boring rather than working on Half-Life has made me lose interest."

And while my personal opinions are littered with internal conflict I must concede that my current lines of thought doth intersect such a crude generalization with surprising frequency.

Thankyou good sir.

I really want Left 4 Dead 2. Who doesn't want to use an axe to decapitate zombies?

Back