Is CSS Beta just around the corner, or do we have to wait long?

^Thomas^

Reaction score
I know that there is no date for this beta, but the beta test should be over before Half-Life 2 is gold, right? And Half-Life 2 is planned to go gold in August.

Well, we are almost at the end of July and no beta.

But my main question is:

For how long will the beta period last?

Edit: Spelling

Reaperman said:
.... end of june?

we are halfway thru july....

Sorry, i meant July, not June.

But you get my point, right?

They plane to release CSS with Half-Life 2, so they cant release it before after the beta period is done.

Valve has hinted us that the beta may start around the 28th of July

But Valves word is worth nothing..so really no one knows.

^Thomas^ said:
I know that there is no date for this beta, but the beta test should be over before Half-Life 2 is gold, right? And Half-Life 2 is planned to go gold in August.

But my main question is:

Beta will probaly last only 2 weeks or mayb a lil more. Gabe has hinted that around the 28th we can pre-download the content(that means its really close to being unlocked) So check 3-8 days after that.

I bet they'll jump the gun, and start it this week.. that gives 'em plenty of time to correct any problems with the engine, then announce gold by August 14, then we will have the game Sept. 1 :p

consider it this way when did you be able to preload codename gordon? when could you be able to play it?

The CSS beta is going to be around July 28th. They will test for bugs, then they will fix them, and release it. CS:S beta will not delay HL2 any longer, says Gabe.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
The CSS beta is going to be around July 28th. They will test for bugs, then they will fix them, and release it. CS:S beta will not delay HL2 any longer, says Gabe.

Great, im so looking forward to it.

^Thomas^ said:
Whatever, Doom III looks like just another arcade FPS game with good graphics, nothing more. :bonce:

lol...

I can't wait for HL2 :O

Apparently some bored teenagers definitely couldn't wait. (The leaked version)

i hope the beta is relesed on the 19th, then HL2 goes gold on the 20th, then the beta stops on the 21st and HL2 is released the next day, EVERYWHERE!! then i can play it in my summer holidays instead of when im back at school in sep!!

sigh, it will never happen ;(

I just thought of something. How will steam know wether we CZ owners have CZ...does it go through and look for the key?

Cause I want to be able to look at my Games list and be able to see Counter-Strike: Source Beta 1 in BIG bold letters :-D

TST_Devgru Seal said:
I just thought of something. How will steam know wether we CZ owners have CZ...does it go through and look for the key?

Cause I want to be able to look at my Games list and be able to see Counter-Strike: Source Beta 1 in BIG bold letters :-D
When you activated your CZ cdkey in steam or buy it off of steam, It puts a little note on your account saying you HAVE CZ, and you are priviledged to download it. So, they will do the same for cs:s. It will see your account has rights to cz, so u can download cs:s.

^Thomas^ said:

But my main question is:

Only a few more years. lol :p
The beta should come out a week after the preloading, so expect it august 3rd to the 14th...unless I'm just an idiot who should just go in a corner and die.

TST_Devgru Seal said:

They can tell if you have it by your account.

What's interesting is did Gabe say "it'll be closer to the 28th" because it's being released on the 28th so preloading will be some time nearer to the 28th.

Or did he mean that it will be closer to the 28th because the 28th is the planned preload day.

I hope it's the first but there is nothing to tell us either way apart from pessimism or optimism ;)

I'm hoping we get the play it on the 28th and preload one week prior (tomorrow!). We shall see! Can't wait to see the Source engine in action.

:D

Too bad we can't have the beta today and preloaded last week!!! lol...

i hope it is the 28th thats my b-day, the beta would be a the best present ever! if not that then i hope we get the preloading that day, is preloading just downloading it and then not being able to play it untill it is released?oh, and when do cyber cafe members get it? i herd they get it early (thoughs bastareds) so they mat have the preload already!

I think they will try to time the beta period for CZ users around the release of Doom 3 on the 3rd or 4th of August, developers always love to piss on each other's party...you know they would love to steal Doom 3's thunder on release day

Oh my God, I just saw the first Meca video! I had no idea CS:Source was going to be that awesome, why the hell did nobody tell me about it?!!!

*pants*

I am so glad I get to beta test this game, I want dust 2!

Crusader said:
Oh my God, I just saw the first Meca video! I had no idea CS:Source was going to be that awesome, why the hell did nobody tell me about it?!!!

*pants*

I am so glad I get to beta test this game, I want dust 2!

You just saw the video now? I've watched it like 12 times, definetly the best CS:source video.

Oh man it is just great...

Now I know this video exists I can't believe anyone can complain about CS:S... ever!

This video has converted me instantly... I can't wait!

Back