Is Dead Space a Steam title?

Saturos

Reaction score
Simple question really. I pass this game up on the electronics aisle everyday and it reads, "internet connection required".
Looks interesting, but me and Steam haven't been the best of friends lately. :p

Steam title, as in available on Steam? Or using Steamworks? It's available on Steam, but the retail version doesn't require Steam, if that's what you're asking.

Or to be more frank, do I need the internets to get it activated? Like Half-Life games?

The retail version box says, "internet connection required".

Or to be more frank, do I need the internets to get it activated? Like Half-Life games?

The retail version box says, "internet connection required".

DRM
The PC version of Dead Space uses the same SecuRom copy protection scheme as Spore and Mass Effect, which requires online authentication and limits the number of times a user can install the game to five. Dead Space has received mixed reviews by gamers because of its DRM.

Wikischmedia.

Oh shit, I hate SecuROM. It was the main thing I hated about FEAR too. Ruined gameplay performance of an otherwise good game.

Shit, just use CD Keys. :p

I hate pirates.

I think it's pretty god damn stupid to base a game's score also on DRM. Rate the god damn game for what it is and if you have a problem with the DRM write a pissy letter or something.
I'll write a pissy letter alright. I'll literally piss on the letter and send it to them. SecuROM sucks.

EDIT> Damnit Mech Man. :arms:

Who's the lead force behind this lame DRM software known as secuROM anyways?

I'd like to take a huge dump in an envelope and send it to them while calling it a "smell-o-gram".

I bet if you opened the source code for that garbage you'd actually would see videos of it's creator juggling loads of cock rather than lines of code.

I think it's pretty god damn stupid to base a game's score also on DRM. Rate the god damn game for what it is and if you have a problem with the DRM write a pissy letter or something.

Nobody reads pissy letters. That's why people use the "Spore War" tactic of giving bad reviews on Amazon, it's the best way to make people take notice. Ever since people have been doing it EA has been backing off.

SecuROM hating aside, is Dead Space worth a purchase? You know, the content itself?

What's the minimum hardware requirement for this game and by minimum, I don't mean what's on the retail box, (they're always full of crap as it's not the minimum to run the game decently)

I've got 2 7600gt 256MB SLI cards and a +3800 Athlon single-core CPU.

securerom ruins gameplay experience....?
Where have you been all these years?

One reason why secuROM sucks

Although EA and Microsoft claim that updated versions of the DRM keep secuROM from hampering with performance, it doesn't help FEAR's older version of the crapware and besides it never stopped pirates in the first place. It's only there to annoy the hell out of honest gamers.

SecuROM juggles so many pairs of balls it's not even funny. It literally opens it's mouth and goes, "oogala oogala oogala!"

No EA, secuROM is not necessary to stop pirates. It doesn't even STOP pirates you silly billy! but it is necessary if you want decreased sales.

They should give the option to install the DRM and the game seperately, and each gets its own review score. Dead Space 8/10, SecuROM 0/10. They'll never do that, of course, so you have to rate the whole package.

SecuROM hating aside, is Dead Space worth a purchase? You know, the content itself?

What's the minimum hardware requirement for this game and by minimum, I don't mean what's on the retail box, (they're always full of crap as it's not the minimum to run the game decently)

I've got 2 7600gt 256MB SLI cards and a +3800 Athlon single-core CPU.

Decent game, your gonna struggle with one core though.

securom never ruined my performance with games....so either your pc isnt even powerful enough or you are just trying to find an excuse to blame it on them...

Back