Is the Antlion a member of the Combine, if so

B

Black Ghost

Why are they attacking the Combine Soilders ? It doesn't make much sense to me, killing your own forces or is it like a confrintation between the species within the Combine ?

didn't you hear the audio? gabe explained that the little ball is a pheremone ball and it makes the antlions think you're their superior, so they do what you want them to.

You have a special pheromone which makes them think you're their commander.

The ant lions live in small groups and are independent of either side in the game. (Although I'm not sure how elaborate the ant lion hierachy is, so far we only know about the guards and regular soldiers)

What about when the Commander AntLion thing, which you cant control, attacks a few of the combine soldiers.

I know that the little ones will do what you want but the big one is not fooled by you pheremone grenade things so why would it attck them?

Originally posted by Patten
What about when the Commander AntLion thing, which you cant control, attacks a few of the combine soldiers.

I know that the little ones will do what you want but the big one is not fooled by you pheremone grenade things so why would it attck them?

Well, frankly, because they got into it's way. It's just a big moster, it will attack anything that moves (except it's own ant lions).

Remember how the aliens fought with the soldiers in Half-Life 1? Same thing here.

Yep your right, Lone, as there are screenshots of the combine attacking ant lions. Once again your thrown into a three way power struggle, between the combine, the xen aliens (ant lions, headcrabs etc.) and you (and the barneys).

The three way battles are what I really liked about the originals.

Back