Is this the best case ever in the entire universe?

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
cs-157-502.jpg

Just holy shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73l3Wc4sQU

I have a TT case myself, Lian-li they may not be, but they're good with the features. As for the one in the video I'd like to get me the cooling display on the front.

Mind, I'm sure there's some use for it (spare cables maybe I guess?), but I don't see the point in have a parts drawer inside the case...

I have a Lian-Li PC 7 Plus.

Don't need "features". It's sexy.

(Aluminium)

I would have had wet dreams about that case.... 5 years ago.

Now, that i'm older, if not all that much wiser, I have learned that such cases may look very nice in the beginning, but as time passes, unless you are fastidious with the upkeep, you are going to have one dusty looking case rather quickly & it's bright lights are going to be a distraction during late night gaming. It would be nice to have it, as a "show case" item when you have friends & family over. Of course that just shows how much of a geek you might be... :p

-MRG

Now, that i'm older, if not all that much wiser, I have learned that such cases may look very nice in the beginning, but as time passes, unless you are fastidious with the upkeep, you are going to have one dusty looking case rather quickly & it's bright lights are going to be a distraction during late night gaming. It would be nice to have it, as a "show case" item when you have friends & family over. Of course that just shows how much of a geek you might be... :p

-MRG

All computers becomes dusty, and i would imagine this case being easier to clean since it has lots of room and great cable managmenet, so its easy to reach in and clean in all areas, it also has dust filters all over that you just take off, clean, insert, this keeps most dust from even reaching any hardware. Lights are not a must, you can just unplug them if it distracts you. With my current case, i just have it on the right side of me where i cant see the lights. Its also better when you have lots of high end hardware that heats up quickly.

I have stated this before, but I think Lian Li cases look like shit. Almost all of them look like the old beige cases from the late 90s, only not beige.

That case looks pretty boss, but I dont know the price or features (screw the video, give a link) so I cant say much on it. The Cooler Master Case I have now is probably my favorite case I have seen so far.
20080812-HAF932-004.jpg

A list of specifications cant really justify it, you have to see it with your own eyes. He shows and explains all specs.

i was planning to get me one of those for my next rig.

A list of specifications cant really justify it, you have to see it with your own eyes. He shows and explains all specs.

If a list of specs cant justify it, and it needs a overhyped video to make it seem awesome, then its not as good as it claims to be. :arms:

Overhyped video? Did you even watch it? He just explains all the features, just like he does with all products he reviews, which reaches over thousands i believe.

IMO I don't like how thermaltake cases look (blocky plastic everywhere)
Also too many fans and in some problem spots (side w/out duct to device). If you have a ton of features but fail at maintaining basic airflow then it isn't a good case. Just a 80mm side fan can interrupt front to back airflow but this one is +200mm in size. So not only does more fans bring in MORE DUST but the large sized fan will make a ton of turbulence against the front/back fans causing airflow to slow down and have even more dust drop instead of pass through the case. :)

It isn't going to overheat by any means but it has inefficient airflow all in the name of showing off and encourages dust build-up.
Lian Li cases are sexier.
This

CoolerMaster are good too. Less sexy but they seem to be all about function (good).

Here's the case I picked up for my latest rig. It's really pretty epic. It's an eyecatcher, but doesn't have to be... and it's lian-li. :D

2.jpg

x2000d003.jpg

-D

Seems like a case which requires you to protect your hearing while near it. Only thing I care in a case is that it's quiet and removable HDD cases are a plus. Well the noise doesn't just come from the case, but anyhow.

Have to agree that Lian Li looks damn good. Too bad I decided to buy my case as a joke :D

Seems like a case which requires you to protect your hearing while near it. Only thing I care in a case is that it's quiet and removable HDD cases are a plus. Well the noise doesn't just come from the case, but anyhow.

Have to agree that Lian Li looks damn good. Too bad I decided to buy my case as a joke :D

Sigh...did anyone even watch the video? He even tested the case with all fans on max and you could barely even hear it.

Maybe now you wont post video reviews! We have a irrational dislike of them and refuse to watch!

This is a really really quiet case when you consider how much air it's moving. You just have to make sure that you clean out the dust filter every now and then, otherwise you end up with a completely clogged up intake. Plus, no side fan means it has a direct air path.

It's holding a Rampage Extreme, 1400MHz DDR3, 3.16GHz Core 2 Duo @ 4.2GHz, a ATI HD4870X2 and an array of velociraptors, and it rocks my socks. ;D

That is an epic case Darkwolf ! Soooo large ! They're pretty pricey though no ?

-MRG

No, I'm with you. I hate all of the LED's and flashing lights some people have on their cases.

What's most important for me is how functional it is, how good the airflow is, how much room does it have for expansion, etc. The looks are very far down that list.

Back