Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

Mogi67

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So I've been playing the first Jedi Knight game recently. It was the first game I ever played on the internet with other people. I played it on the MSN Gaming Zone before even getting Half-Life 1. Everyone had dialup and it was incredible.

I've been getting back into it the past few days and recorded a video. There's still a small community that plays on a regular basis and has tournaments. This was a pickup game from yesterday - got like 6 people in on it, not bad for a Monday afternoon for a 17 year old game.

If anyone is interested in joining hit me up and I'll send you the server info or just visit jkdf2.net. There's a tournament tomorrow that I'm participating in, and I'll probably win so I will definitely record it and post the link so you guys can watch me

I could have sworn that it looked better than that lol.

Ha, yeah. It looks really dated now. But there are mods available that make the game look nearly as good as Jedi Outcast.

Ha, yeah. It looks really dated now. But there are mods available that make the game look nearly as good as Jedi Outcast.
Which also looks extremely dated. Even though I still go back and play through it every once in a while. It took me too damn long to find out that the steam pipe on the mine level was the way forward.

I figured I should edit so I don't sound like as much of a monumental dick.

Hell yeah, Dark Forces 2 rocks. It's my favorite Star Wars game to date. I never had a chance to play it online, because I didn't have an internet connection back then.

Hell yeah, Dark Forces 2 rocks. It's my favorite Star Wars game to date. I never had to chance to play it online, because I didn't have an internet connection back then.

I love it man. The cutscenes are so good. If you ever want to check out the multiplayer there's a bunch of people that still play, and I'm always down for a match. It's still really fun. One of the cool things about JK is that the mod community was insanely productive. There's over 1500 player-made maps.

I don't know if you ever played Mysteries of the Sith but the MP was great in that too - I remember you could freeze people with the carbonite gun and then break them into pieces. Good times

Which also looks extremely dated. Even though I still go back and play through it every once in a while. It took me too damn long to find out that the steam pipe on the mine level was the way forward.

I figured I should edit so I don't sound like as much of a monumental dick.

Yeah, it does. The puzzles in the that game were really obnoxious. I'm pretty sure I just ended up skipping to the next map on that level because I just couldn't figure it out

Man, I loved the Jedi Knight games. You would think someone would clue in that the fact that they are STILL being played would mean that people would love more sequels to be made.

17 years later, it still plays and looks great.

y8cCQDl.jpg

If you were there on the Zone when the JK community was at its peak you would feel differently.

I only played singleplayer of both (and Jedi Academy). Dont care for most multiplayer games.

I only played singleplayer of both (and Jedi Academy). Dont care for most multiplayer games.
Same with me. I was one of the extremely goofy kids who didn't play online multiplayer for Halo 2 until 2 years after it came out. I played split screen with my cousins every weekend, but that was it. The same goes for JK. I played duels with my friends, but never online.

Fair enough. They're both great games. The saber combat in JO was unparalleled

Back