Jedi Knight Series Coming To Steam

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
Lucasarts announced last night that the Jedi Knight series of Star Wars shooters will be making their way to Steam next week. It includes not just Dark Forces, but Jedi Knight's Mysteries of the Sith expansion as well.

Sounds great. Does this include Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy also?

According to the Lucasarts twitter, its all of them.

Dark forces, DF2, MoTS, JO and JA

I often forget the Jedi Knight series when thinking about 90s FPS games, even though they were rather good. If at a decent price (or a Steam weekend deal), I'd probably buy a Jedi Knight Collection type deal.

Edit: For that matter, I'd probably be up for a Lucasarts combo pack or genre packs.

Great games. I am currently playing Jedi Academy actually.

Almost reinstalled JKA but then memories of the brutal grip-kicking and retarded "lamer free" servers resurfaced.

Grip kicking was on servers that had all Force powers enabled so players could use force grip on you and just repeatedly jump kick you over and over until you died, pretty tricky to get out of those situations.

And then there's the majority of the servers all having rules where if a player's lightsaber is off or if they're chatting you can't attack them, it's like... it's not a ****ing chatroom so shut the **** up and play the damn game, I'd understand this if it was an RP server since I did a bit of that myself but these were FFA or TDM servers!
So if you attack them they label you a lamer and vote kick you for actually playing the game.

Almost reinstalled JKA but then memories of the brutal grip-kicking and retarded "lamer free" servers resurfaced.

Grip kicking was on servers that had all Force powers enabled so players could use force grip on you and just repeatedly jump kick you over and over until you died, pretty tricky to get out of those situations.

And then there's the majority of the servers all having rules where if a player's lightsaber is off or if they're chatting you can't attack them, it's like... it's not a ****ing chatroom so shut the **** up and play the damn game, I'd understand this if it was an RP server since I did a bit of that myself but these were FFA or TDM servers!
So if you attack them they label you a lamer and vote kick you for actually playing the game.

Ah, those were the days...

I mostly used grip-kicking to kill an opponent, but sometimes I would simply use only my lightsaber in certain situations. I remember the moment when I learned the technique of the grip-kick; I felt sort of proud learning it on my own by observing other players (most people said they had an "instructor" that taught them the way to do it, which is completely unnecessary).

And Lucid, I understand those rules you were talking about where if someone has their lightsaber off you couldn't attack them. The server I went to even took it further; there was a place of shade on the map that I played on where players who did not want to fight could stay there and chat with each other. No one could could attack them, but if someone did, they would be called a "lamer" and possibly be kicked by an admin. They were stupid rules, but the rest of us had to follow them.

If only I could re-live those moments again, but JKA isn't as popular as it was back in 2004 when it was released. Maybe I'm wrong - I don't know, but I still see it as one of the best SW games yet.

Online was so stupid... mostly because the people were so stupid. I remember this guy kept looking for someone to "train" him like he was a ****ing padawan or something. JUST PLAY THE GAME YOU ****ING EUNUCH

no music = no buy
i'll stick to my old copy (i need to find a way to get second df2 disc working) which has music

no music = no buy
i'll stick to my old copy (i need to find a way to get second df2 disc working) which has music

Why would the steam version not have music? did it say that somewhere?

most (old) games have no music on Steam, probably because of some legal bullshit

Well shit. It's all star wars music though, isn't it?

It is. I'm pretty sure you can do a fake disc to get music working...last thing I want is john williams suing me for releasing his stuff.

It is. I'm pretty sure you can do a fake disc to get music working...last thing I want is john williams suing me for releasing his stuff.

As much as I like the music, it is awful in the games. It's (from what I have experienced) about 5 tracks on repeat. There's no specific moment in which these songs play, so something epic might play while you're lost, searching for a key.

I eventually turned off the music while playing the JK games, because it was sooo repetitive and so constant that I would have those tracks stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Back