Just finishing the game. It was too short

Heh, those levels just seemed to fly past. :D

On the bright side, i've found they're pretty good in replayability terms. I'd recommend Follow Freeman.

Yup. The game was short compared to Half Life 1. But im on my third time playing it now and i still love it.

When the new SDK comes out soon we will see a huge amount of mods start to become available. So im looking forward to them :)

They said it had arround 3-4 hours each chap. so 36 hours of play... I made the hole game in arround 12 hours... Bah-e (going the 2nd time to ravenholm ^^.)
/me waits for the mods... HL2DM pleaseeeeeeeee *makes bambi eyes*

12 hours is pretty fast. Must have been on easy mode though.

Short compared to what? Max Payne 1 or 2? i don't think so.

I would say the game is 30-40 hours long if you play it on normal mode.

Not saying it can't be played faster but in general.

I think it plays longer than many people say. they just love the game so much that they are mad its over.

Its much longer than Doom3 and probably not as long as Far Cry.

You want long go find the original Myst and do not cheat. you could be stuck on a puzzle for months and months. If you get stuck then it must be a great game! The longer you get stuck the longer the game and thus by your logic it must be a better game.

Not many long long games are all the much fun every step of the way. HL2 is pretty long and it keeps the fun factor at a much higher level vs longer games.

>>NoTarget<< said:
Great game, but too short, very very short.

I played on hard mode, and I'm not sure exactly how long it took me. I think 10-12 hours. It was pretty short, but it's so replayable, especially hunting for little snippets of plot :)

I just finished the game, 11 days after I bought it. It was because of school that it took so long and because I like to explore every part of the level and expiriment with the physics, so I think I took 25 hours to complete it (and I'm happy because I can finally look in this section of the forum).

i think it was perfect compared to many first person shooters out there took like 20 hours i would say

The game was long enough for me. After the audio stuttering patch fixed my issues, I spent three days and nights playing the thing to beat it.

I bow to you! 12 hours on hard mode w/ no cheats!

Thats good!

I guess if you played it all in one or two periods you can crank it out. You can become one with the game vs playing it 2 hours here and there. After loading it up after a few days of non play it takes a few minutes to remember exactly where you were. Not so if you play for longer periods.

Chase said:
I played on hard mode, and I'm not sure exactly how long it took me. I think 10-12 hours. It was pretty short, but it's so replayable, especially hunting for little snippets of plot :)

Hehe, no need to bow. I didn't actually think hard mode was that difficult, it only made enemies slightly tougher to kill and more damaging after all, but that's likely a result of playing HL1 to death over the course of years. Many many times. I think I missed out quite a few things though my first time through, so I'm playing a much more thorough second time.

Back