Just Preordered a psp

sHm0zY

Tank
Reaction score
HORAY!
I cant wait to get it :D
gonna be the awesome good times

Pffft, i've had mine since like last month :p

The effect wares off after a while, now its just a nice mp3 player (got a 512mb duo card) until GT4 mobile comes out :)

Think i'll get wipeout pure and some other racin games too...

You have a PSP in the UK?? Import from Japan or U.S. ?? I was interested in importing till the revelations on how the video files would be region protected and that games were only region free for now. Additionally not much point in having movie files on import with such small memory cards available atm...

Please share your wisdom :E

I cant wait until I get one :D, I will be encoding some vidz so I can watch em while I travel :D

Yeah, mine's a jap import...

The only real region issue is with movies, and i'm not bothered by that in the slightest since i'm never going to buy a movie on UMD in my life. I'm certain there will be a software patch to make the device region free anyway, sony have already said that regions wont be an issue. I guess you just have to trust them!

Like I say i've got a 512mb duo card for it, so I put the incredibles on it just to watch (for the fun of it) and it looked pretty sweet... i've just put a heapload of music on it now though, the mp3 player functionality is awesome.

I can't wait for the software update that adds web/email/voIP support to this thing, it will be awesome :D

You can put the incedibles on that size memory space? The full thing? Or just a clip? And if so what resolutions and quality?

lePobz said:
I can't wait for the software update that adds web/email/voIP support to this thing, it will be awesome :D

Wont that cost even more ££ to connect to servers etc ?

On second thought...how will it connect to the web :| in the first place?, via a pc ? :O

PSP has Wi-Fi capabilities, so it'll connect to the internet via Wi-Fi networks.

Yes, it's the whole Incredibles movie. I was the one who sent it to Pob. PSP only accepts video @ 320x240 pixel resolution off the memory stick in mpeg4 format, so 512 is adequate for 2 hours of good quality video.

Here is *my* psp running the very same video I sent Pob.

its the playstation portable. u can play games, listen to mp3, put vids on it, it has wifi and all sorts.

i should be getting it on a us import when it comes out :)

I was thinking about getting one, till i found out that it is only sold in bundle's that are $250.

I've had one reserved for a while now, I'm considering cancelling...$250 for a handheld is BS

I want one very badly but Im not going to spend $250 on one. If it was the same price as the DS I would get it. It just going to end up costing me too much money. (I also want to get either a 1gb or 2 gb memory stick for MP3's and 3-4 launch titels.)

It everyones fault on the forums for raising the price.

"oh its so sexy"
"I wil buy it no matter what the price"
"Its the next ipod everyone is going to get one"

When sony hears stuff like that they arent going to sell it for the same price as the DS. I had full intentions on buying one, but now I will probably just wait for the next gameboy and settle with my DS untill the price comes down or I see the new gameboy.

Im still waiting for some confirmation on a scratch resistant screen also. If their isnt a sctratch resistant screen I wont buy it if its even $100.

You people moaning about the $250 price are so annoying!.. especially when you consider that the unit will cost £200 ($400) when it's finally released in the UK!

I paid over the odds to get mine early (£260 & £23 p&p for the standard pack plus 1 game). thats nearly $530... so really.. LIGHTEN UP!

You're all saying it's "too expensive for a hand-held", but when you compare the capabilities of this are in line with actual consoles unlike the DS it really *isn't* that bad and the majority of people will be buying this instead of a console (not to suplement a console like you're doing with a DS).

True that. $250 is absolutely nothing, stop crying like girlies for once in your lives.

lePobz said:
True that. $250 is absolutely nothing, stop crying like girlies for once in your lives.
I'm not much of a whiner, but that is a bit steep. I'll buy it JUST to make you two happy, Craig and lePobz

Not for what you're getting in the pack, You're all underestimating what the PSP is ... I paid over the odds to get mine early, and to get it at the price you're going to get it at is just a bargain.

I can't believe people are actually saying its too expensive!

The PSP is worth 3 or 4 DS'es... it's just that good.

lePobz said:
The PSP is worth 3 or 4 DS'es... it's just that good.

Of course it is ;)

(in a jack of all trades, master of none, kinda way :))

Warbie said:
Of course it is ;)

(in a jack of all trades, master of none, kinda way :))

what does that even mean?

Much of Sony's caution may be as a direct result of the low price point for the PSP, with the firm thought to be taking a significant loss on each hardware unit sold. Indeed, Fukunaga-san confirmed that the PSP business is not expected to be profitable for several years - compared to the Nintendo DS business, which is actually expected to contribute positively to Nintendo's bottom line for FY 2005.

... and you guys think you are being ripped off :LOL: fact is a PSP can do more than play Pokemon games and Sony are in it for the long run regarding the PSP (unlike Nintendo who seems to have a new hardware launch every other year).

craig said:
what does that even mean?
I think he's saying that the PSP is better than the DS if what you're looking for is a media-center handheld. The DS, compared to the PSP, is designed pretty much exclusively for gaming, while the PSP can play music, games, video, WiFi, etc.

Craig, can you PM me telling me what you modded your xbox with?

Done. BTW xboxes prefer Maxtor Diamond Max drives over everything else.

I was going to get a PSP until I walked into ToysRus and saw a PS2 LCD screen. I now have a bigger size PSP with better graphics. I can play games, listen to music, and watch movies. I just have to buy a car adapter for it now. Forgot to mention that my PS2 is modded so I have tons of other goodies. Im still thinking if I should get the PSP though.

Erm... the whole point of the PSP is that it's portable ... A PS2 with a LCD screen is not portable, unless you like carrying car batteries around strapped to your back...

The PSP is arguably more powerful than a PS2 anyway since it has 2 333mhz CPUs alongside an independant GPU.

There is no doubt that the PSP is powerful but how is the battery life on it? I have heard both ways so if one of you guys who own a PSP anwser me please.

I'v seen the games for the PSP in action and they don't look better then what a PS2 looks like. Its already been said that the PsP is in between a PS1 and a PS2, so basically that dreamcast graphics. The PS2 is more powerful then a PSP. The PS2 has a better graphics chip read the specs on both systems.

Visist this site theres a lot of people on here that have one already and some people even reviewed the games. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/

*EDIT* I just thought of something. I can buy the PSP and if I don't like it I can sale it on Ebay for $300-$400. Once March 24th hits and when all the PSP are sold out. They won't have anymore in stock for months.

It may have less power than a PS2, but on a tiny screen games look better - imo (Just as Mario 64 on the DS looks better than the original)

None of the launch games for the PSP use the full potential, it's not until developers have had time to get used to the capabilities of the system that the real games come out ... just look at the preview videos for GT4 Mobile. Even the developers say GT4 Mobile will not be inferior in any way to its PS2 counterpart - and judging by the previews that's very true.

When I was interested in importing from the U.S. there was a lot of scare stories regarding dead pixels and battery life, so it kinda turned me off, Im going to wait for the UK ones to come along *rubs face on British flag*

Back