Just spoke to Erik Johnson

Gojin

Reaction score
Ok, Erik said that the videos that are to be released are nothing new, just the E3 videos that we saw. He said they will try to release the first video over Steam within the week. Nothing new, just better quality.

Edit: I asked him whether we have to leave open Steam or close and open it to recieve the updates, and his exact words were, "Hmm, not sure exactly. I don't think so actually. Hopefully not"

Gee, we didn't know that alread, did we?

Actually we didn't you genius. We weren't sure if it was new content or not, and now we know. Thanks for bein' a jerkoff!

thanks for the inside info. A lotta people been thinking that these videos are new footage. Well, good for ppl with steam (not me :( )

as I said...just the direct feeds....but don't be sad....I'm sure that NEW info in some form or another will be released during this month...surely Valve wouldn't be as mean as to let us starve for a whole new month without new info....

Originally posted by Gojin
Actually we didn't you genius. We weren't sure if it was new content or not, and now we know. Thanks for bein' a jerkoff!
I edited the post to say "OK maybe we didn't but we had some clues" but i got an error. Sorry :(

As i said the videos wont be released today.. mwhahaha i want an exuse :mad:

Well, I just asked Erik if we would get any new HL2 info before HL2 comes out, and his exact reply was, "There will be a lot of media/information release via Steam about Half-Life 2 in the coming months."

:cheers: :cheese: Why can't weeeee be friends, why can't weeeee be friendss.

Btw I asked him a question someone here had, when if one foot hangs over a crate and the other is on it, would you fall or float. He said, "That's not really how the engine works. Your feet work a little different from that"

Ok, upon the request from dk_bot in IRC, I asked him if tires can be blown out when you shoot them. He said, "You could easily add this.".

So erik johnson is the big star now?

posted at the mail from valve thread, but ill pop it in here as well i guess...

(yes this is old news, but I didn't know that, and it is a proof that valve people speak on steam IM, and not just with one guy, erm, yes its relevant.

MoD says:
Hello
MoD says:
Any news regarding steam hl2 media release?
Erik Johnson says:
Should be in less than a week.
MoD says:
May I publicise this?
Erik Johnson says:
Sure.
MoD says:
You people are godly.
MoD says:
when ill die and go to heaven, I fully expect it to be a valve office.
Erik Johnson says:
We try to keep the corpse count down to a minimum around here.
MoD says:
That's always a godo thing. Bye! :>
Erik Johnson says:
Goodbye.

Stupid question from me - is the box art finalised and is the silver box a special edition?

He said no, its not finalised (didnt say anything about the silver box)

well im disapointed, im not botherd about old vids better quality ill just convert them to dvdor svcd to improve them slightly, i thought this was new vids new footage they dont want to give anything away that makes me feel as if they havnt alot to give away and that they cannot produce this game in such short of a time i.e. 3 months or 2 and a bit ;)

Originally posted by MoD
So erik johnson is the big star now?

posted at the mail from valve thread, but ill pop it in here as well i guess...

(yes this is old news, but I didn't know that, and it is a proof that valve people speak on steam IM, and not just with one guy, erm, yes its relevant.

how did you talk to him?

Originally posted by Murray_H
Stupid question from me - is the box art finalised and is the silver box a special edition?

He said no, its not finalised (didnt say anything about the silver box)

heres the info i got from gabe quite awhile ago regarding the silver box.

Q: whats happening with the silver limited edition box that was
on display at E3?
(thats the only relevant part of the email but there was much more to it that was not related to the boxes)

A: Right now it looks like we are going to have multiple SKUs, with one of them
being a high-end SKU made out of metal.

Gabe

[edit]

the email is from may 20th if anyone was wondering.

whoa, metal, that will be sweet --- what does SKU mean anyways...?

Originally posted by jhero
whoa, metal, that will be sweet --- what does SKU mean anyways...?

"stock keeping unit" ya know, stores, inventory, stock, ;) it basically means multiple boxes, for our purposes.

sorta like the command & conquer generals 3 dif. boxes design?

Originally posted by jhero
sorta like the command & conquer generals 3 dif. boxes design?

exactly like that. except one of the HL2 boxes is gonna be metal, and shiny, and mmmm oh so good. ;)

i see, i wonder if the metal box version will sale for more?

WTF?! Did someone ask if you needed Steam open or closed in order to get the videos? Well, unless they are released on FilePlanet or the similar...

How else are they going to get on your computer? MAGIC? Of course you need Steam open if you are going to download anything from Steam.

"Do I need a word processor open to write documents?" "Hrmm.. I'm not sure, but hopefully not" WTF?!

Originally posted by Slash
WTF?! Did someone ask if you needed Steam open or closed in order to get the videos? Well, unless they are released on FilePlanet or the similar...

How else are they going to get on your computer? MAGIC? Of course you need Steam open if you are going to download anything from Steam.

"Do I need a word processor open to write documents?" "Hrmm.. I'm not sure, but hopefully not" WTF?!

no, you need to slow down and comprehend what you read.

the person asked if you would need to close and reopen steam in order for it to update with the HL2 media content. like if you have steam closed for awhile like days, and then open it, it'll download a new platform thing and some other stuff, well the person wants to know if the HL2 media will show up without restarting steam, or if it needs a restart to get the updated content to show up.

Back