Keyboard Suggestions?

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
Intrested in the Logitech G15. I have about $100 to splash on one.

My only concern is what games support the LCD and I can't find a list anywhere! I love the Macro keys and the displays like time/performance anyway though.

I don't want a Gaming only keyboard, like an Ezboard where I have to swap keys +hassle ++hassle etc.

So any suggestions?

It looks The G15 is really big. Although it has so many features, like backlight keys and macro G buttons, plus the additional LCD screen.

I can't find anything else like it. :(

Wireless would be good though.

Spend at the most $20 lol. But whatever you do, don't get a keyboard with a feature called the "F key lock". Its really annoying playing BF2 and other games with that stupid feature on.

You can get the list of officially supported games on the G15 here. There's user created applets that can do a bunch of other stuff and has support for other games too.

I'm pretty sure that anything wireless will have some sort of lag associated with it, which is never good for gaming. My friend is on wireless Ethernet, and has a wireless mouse and keyboard, and gaming on his computer is just plain frustrating.

I have the G15 by the way (absolutely LOVE it, the Windows-key disable switch is almost worth the price tag alone). It is HUGE. I forget the exact measurements, but it's between 20" and 22" wide. Not good if you're using a 12"-wide mousepad as well. So just make sure your desk can hold the keyboard plus whatever else you've got on the keyboard tray.

I have a G15 as well. I don't use the LCD for games stats really. I perfer using it to control my music player, see who's talking on teamspeak, ventrillo, etc.
The backlighting and the extra keys on the side come in handy. It also has 2 USB ports on the top of the keyboard to plug other things into.

I love my g15,if you are a right handed person you will even have more fun.

I will order it then, thanks! The Ventrillo on the LCD sounds cool and also the windows lock and more USB ports. Can never have enough USB ports. :D

How big is the LCD screen?

Why is it better being right handed? I'm left handed but use the mouse like a right handed person anyway. :\

if you play WASD style then its easier to use the extra 15 buttons on the side

So you have your mouse under your left hand? And the right hand on WASD? :|

That's left handed.

That's left handed.
:LOL:

The LCD is about 1x3.5 inches (guesstimate). Not huge, but big enough to hold a clock and stuff. It's neat.

It shows up to 3 lines of text plus a little more room if it's displaying a graphic. Like the seek bar for music across the bottom under Artist, Track and Time lines.

I guess it also works with Xfire. Didn't know that before. hehe

That's left handed.

No I use my left hand for the mouse and the right the arrows :( so I cant really use the "G Keys"

It shows up to 3 lines of text plus a little more room if it's displaying a graphic. Like the seek bar for music across the bottom under Artist, Track and Time lines.

I guess it also works with Xfire. Didn't know that before. hehe

I heard there were a few problems with Xfire and the LCD, like it wouldn't turn off.

No I use my left hand for the mouse and the right the arrows :( so I cant really use the "G Keys"

Oh, I see now, lol. I thought in your origional post that you were right handed. :D

I bought the G15 for a week and hated it. Traded it for the Saitek Eclipse that has the same LED key lighting. However what the Eclipse DOESN'T have is 15 megs worth of LCD programs hogging up your memory (that do nothing worthwhile - wow a clock! - try putting your cell phone next to any old board) Gaming board my azz! Plus with the G15 there's certain combinations of 3 keys that don't work! Think crouching and leaning while you slowly move forward and then hit the VOIP key to talk to your teammate..

Only 1 or 2 games naturally works with the LCD and the rest you need to download buggy and crappy LCD apps. The LCD is absolutely the lamest gimmick around and almost a scam with all the claims they make on the box that are absolutely untrue. I actually like Logitech, which is why I bought the board, but I've been second guessing their ethics after using this piece of crap for a week.

Go with the Saitek Eclipse, there's no drivers taking up memory and no stupid LCD screen to worry about. Plus all key combos work and it's 30-40 bucks cheaper.

BenQ x120Pro 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 6 Function Keys Function Keys USB + PS/2 Wired Slim Keyboard - Retail

X-Structure Key Technology for a Slim Profile, Thickness of 0.59", Contemporary Design, Internet Hot Keys, Enhanced Function Keys to Increase Productivity, Quiet and Increase Key Stability

$18 or so and it works great for both gaming and typing. I have never had a complaint from anyone I have sold one of these things to.

Also there is not F-Lock problem as you must press the F-Lock to use the extra functions, not the other way around.

Back